• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Northeast PA Tech Day

terham

BeemerBoy
Yesterday was a great day here in PA for a ride and luckily there was a PA Airhead Tech Day to ride to. This is the story of my daytrip.

I live in SE PA and had to get to Pocono Summit. ItÔÇÖs probably 90 minutes away by the highway, but I figured I could stretch it to at least 3 hours by staying off of the interstates. I loaded up tools and parts and headed out by 7.
281760558_wLNdD-M.jpg

I had decided to head over to the Delaware River, which I often use as a way north. It was a nice morning for riding through the PA countryside.

281760400_JwLw5-M.jpg

281760251_cPs8e-M.jpg

I eventually got on PA 212, which took me to the river. ItÔÇÖs a nice road with some nice fast straight sections and some undulation. I went through Springtown, and my first stop was in Durham, an old village that has some restored buildings and homes, and a little history.

281759759_FY28J-M.jpg

281760145_GPi8N-M.jpg

281759966_X7mf9-M.jpg

281760007_fJt9F-M.jpg

I even had time to stop in at the Lutheran Church which sits on the high ground.

281759186_X8UbS-M.jpg

I followed Durham Rd to Coffeetown Rd, which dumped me onto PA 611 near Raubsville. I followed PA 611 and the Delaware River up through Easton. Just beyond Martins Creek I veered off towards Riverton. This road has some nice fast sections and I got passed by a Ducati doing a ton, and then some. What a nice sound coming out of the back of that bike :thumb , and I could hear it for a long time. I just couldnÔÇÖt keep up.:laugh

I turned north at Riverton and headed to Portland. There are some nice views of the Delaware along here with some twists and turns.

281758954_bxKhh-M.jpg

281758887_2hQiG-M.jpg

281758701_fZTEr-M.jpg

I passed through Delaware Water Gap and Stroudsburg, where I picked up PA 191. North to PA 715 and PA 314 made for some good riding.

I stopped to check my map and found one of my favorite signs:clap

281758582_KAXbg-M.jpg

I rolled into Tech Day about 10:15 and was the last one to arrive.

281758530_sFyDJ-M.jpg

I had planned an easy day of replacing my oil pan gasket so got to work.

281758465_ERnTJ-M.jpg

A great lunch was served to all the hungry Heads. It was a great day to sit in the sunshine and look at the lake.

281758414_w5vLc-M.jpg

After a leisurely lunch, it was back to work. I always learn a lot at these tech days from watching and talking to others and theyÔÇÖre well worth attending. I left around 2:30 and retraced my steps without stopping - I remembered the cold Yuengling I had in the fridge. :D I arrived home at 4:30 with plans to attend the Fall Tech Day.

281758067_mVSZm-M.jpg

Yuengling draft for $1.50? Great find. :buds

Thanks for a very enjoyable ride. Now if only there was a file to save these reports, maybe by state and Canadian Province. :ca

StatDawg has been keeping that location secret.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post!! Nice pics too! Sounds like you had a great time :buds

Back