• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2009 BMW MOA Rally?

smileycrystalball.gif

:lurk

Hope it's closer to me.

I'll be selfishm, had such a nice time when it was in Wisconsin last year. I hope it's closer to me again. SE would be great (planning a 10 year wedding anniversaty trip with wife) That would be a nice part of it

Here I sit with baited breath waiting for the announcement of my 2009 vacation destination.

Darryl

I hope the site selection committee will consider availability of sufficient hotel rooms nearby to accomodate those who are not interested in camping.

I hope the site selection committee will consider availability of sufficient hotel rooms nearby to accomodate those who are not interested in camping.

Here is a link to the information the committee uses for Site Selection.

This has been a topic of much discussion. Contact the committee directly with your specific concerns.

Release of Rally Information

I thought yesterday at the MOA Board Meeting they were going to release it? Was I correct?

Ben, you can have mine this year at Gillette, and I'll give you mine next year as well. I dont want that to get in the way of great locations, such as Gillette! HA!

09 location

I thought yesterday at the MOA Board Meeting they were going to release it? Was I correct?

No, not ready yet to announce the specific location, but we have already indicated it will be in the Southeast section of the USA.

Friedle

South East or South-South ?

You already made one in Canada ...
How about one in Mexico ?

Let me know if I can help.
Chihuahua and the Copper Canyon is the closest, I guess.

I am 100% with Ruben. It's time for Rally in Mexico; Chihuahua or Creel, hotels/camp

"You already made one in Canada...How about one in Mexico?" Es verdad, Ruben.

I've asked this question more than once on the forum: If we've held our BMWMOA Rally in Canada, aren't we long overdue to hold an International Rally in Mexico?

Chihuahua would be a perfect location if we wanted to make the rally with an emphasis on hoteling it, which seems to be the opinion of most on this forum.

Population of 682,500 at an elevation of 1455 meters and plenty of things to do.

Day rides, the incredible market where you will be buying your goodies from either Mennonites or colorfully attired Tarahumaras, Quinta Luz-Pancho Villa's old house now occupied by the Museum of the Mexican Revolution. Viva Francisco!

And, if you really wanted to cap off your trip riding home: Tie down your bike to a flatcar on the Copper Canyon Railway and ride coach to the Pacific Ocean. Bueno!

If we wanted to base the Rally on camping, then Creel in Chihuahua Estado is perfect with a population of 4600 at 2338 meters of elevation. Plenty of hotels and already established camping at Complejo Ecoturistico Arareko; if more camping is needed there are plenty of ranchos available. If you're of the GS persuasion, which mucho of BMWMOA is, you will be in Heaven! Ride to Batopilas at the bottom of Barrancas del Cobre. If you're good enough, ride to Los Mochis!

We've ridden to Canada for back bacon, let's ride to Mexico for the chicharrones.

Rally Chairman

Great job, Don !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider yourself the Rally Chairman.

And let me know what I can do to guarantee the quality of the event. I'll bring the mezcal and the Mexican girls !!!

Paul that is fantastic Ha Ha //Hi HI NOVA SCOTIA SALTY FOG NATIONAL RALLY
:heart:bottle :bow :stick :deal :clap :clap :clap

We need to send the commitee to Chedicamp fish for the Scallops & Lobster..:heart

sure.... let's do it! Lots of camping space at the Larry's River base camp. We'll round up a few fellas with fiddles and stuff. Swim in the river..... go fishing on a local boat (s)..... lots of on road and off road options as well as some roads that combine both options. Dream big eh? -Bob (37 more days to Big Trip)

"You already made one in Canada...How about one in Mexico?" Es verdad, Ruben.

I've asked this question more than once on the forum: If we've held our BMWMOA Rally in Canada, aren't we long overdue to hold an International Rally in Mexico?

Chihuahua would be a perfect location if we wanted to make the rally with an emphasis on hoteling it, which seems to be the opinion of most on this forum.

Population of 682,500 at an elevation of 1455 meters and plenty of things to do.

Day rides, the incredible market where you will be buying your goodies from either Mennonites or colorfully attired Tarahumaras, Quinta Luz-Pancho Villa's old house now occupied by the Museum of the Mexican Revolution. Viva Francisco!

And, if you really wanted to cap off your trip riding home: Tie down your bike to a flatcar on the Copper Canyon Railway and ride coach to the Pacific Ocean. Bueno!

If we wanted to base the Rally on camping, then Creel in Chihuahua Estado is perfect with a population of 4600 at 2338 meters of elevation. Plenty of hotels and already established camping at Complejo Ecoturistico Arareko; if more camping is needed there are plenty of ranchos available. If you're of the GS persuasion, which mucho of BMWMOA is, you will be in Heaven! Ride to Batopilas at the bottom of Barrancas del Cobre. If you're good enough, ride to Los Mochis!

We've ridden to Canada for back bacon, let's ride to Mexico for the chicharrones.

Is it still the case that US Insurance is not valid in Mexico and you have to purchase a separate Mexican Insurance binder to ride over the border?

No, not ready yet to announce the specific location, but we have already indicated it will be in the Southeast section of the USA.

Friedle

I vaguely recall reading in the forum after Gillette was announced that the rally was slowly working it's way out west. Ohio, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and then 2009 was supposed to be on the West Coast somewhere... I'll go search the threads to find what I think I recall.

I was hoping to attend the '09 rally as I was under the impression it was going to be on the left coast. Guess I'll have to pin my hopes on a 2010 rally.

Chihuahua, Mexico in 2011; Nova Scotia, Canada 2012! Mexican MC Insurance Requirement

Hola Ruben: Estaria ciertamente dispuesto a ayudarle a organizar una reunion internacional de BMWMOA en el estado de Chihuahua para 2011. In reading previous posts of PAULBACH and Friedle it appears it takes a three year time period from a initial proposal of an International Rally and the Rally becoming fact.

I would suggest that we organize for a Chihuahua Rally in 2011 and it would be magnifico if the Rally for 2012 was held in Nova Scotia. Our AZ Beemers Club #89 Roadrunner Rally is this third weekend in May and I will seek out MEX volunteers.

I will also be in Gillette in July and Guadalajara/PV in October and we can discuss this further. I suggest that when we are in Wyoming we approach Senor Friedle y Senor Bachorz at the beer tent with cerveza Negra Modelo y Herradura Tequila.

As the Zapotecs would say: Duub-Ba-La! On May 24 I fly to Barcelona, Espana to ride the Pyrenees for a week with the Milano, Italia Yamaha FJR 1300 Club.

The Italianos are bragging that they're bringing grappa for me to drink with them!

Little do they know that I am bringing them a bottle of Del Maguey Tobala Mezcal.

Bringing grappa to someone drinking mezcal is like bringing a knife to a gunfight!

Hola JCabranes: Our club, AZ Beemers, has had great success with the following two companies insuring our bikes for club trips into Mexico. San Xavier Mexico Insurance www.mexican-autoinsurance.com is located in Nogales, on the way to the border. Mexico Insurance Professionals www.mexpro.com is located in Flagstaff and treated Chuy fantastico when he had an FJR claim five years ago.

I vaguely recall reading in the forum after Gillette was announced that the rally was slowly working it's way out west. Ohio, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and then 2009 was supposed to be on the West Coast somewhere... I'll go search the threads to find what I think I recall.

I was hoping to attend the '09 rally as I was under the impression it was going to be on the left coast. Guess I'll have to pin my hopes on a 2010 rally.

You are one hundred percent correct. The 09 rally will be in the SE and the 10 rally will be on the left coast.:clap

Back