• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

kids gear

gsjay

I've heard of some website that is like a co-op for folks to buy and sell kids riding gear.

Might be UK based or somewhere overseas...........

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?
Anyone know of a good site to buy kids gear?

thanks,
jason

I've heard of some website that is like a co-op for folks to buy and sell kids riding gear.

Might be UK based or somewhere overseas...........

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?
Anyone know of a good site to buy kids gear?

thanks,
jason

I see more and more people around here riding with young children as passengers and everyone of these kids was wearing an adult helmet and not much more in the way of protective gear, not even gloves or a jacket. Child size gear can be had at a dealer that carries motocross or off-road gear.

BMW has just come out with some kids gear. I was looking at some at my local dealer last week. As you would expect from BMW it looks very high quality and my dealer told me the armor is designed for kids. The price seemed very reasonable too.

That was my BIGGEST complaint too a couple years ago when I "re-motorcycled" myself. Gear for my then 6 year old. Sure, cute little Harley leather jackets were everywhere but everytime I asked about textile, I got the same answer. Nope. Every MC shop has plenty of kids moto-x gear if I wanted to put a bright blue and yellow breast and back plate on him and some knee and elbow pads but I don't think so.
Finally did find a place that imported some stuff from Europe and bought him a cold weather textile jacket. Don't recall the brand but Kilamanjaro seems right. Problem was, it was quilted inside and not suitable for summer. Finally, last year I bought him one of those cute little Harley leather jackets so he'd at least have SOMETHING. Both of those actually still fit and he's worn both so far this year. Would still like to find him a textile jacket that he can wear in the summer along with a pair of pants.

Last year, I purchased gear from BabyBiker.com for my 10 year old son, and we couldn't be happier. The quality of his coat, pants and gloves rivals that of my Olympia, TourMaster or Cortech gear, or my wife's Rev'It gear. Armor in all the right places, lots of pockets, zip out quilted waterproof liners, great fit and finish--and a price tag to match! Shipping was relatively inexpensive and quick from the UK to NY, maybe 3-4 days by parcel post. Do yourself a favor so you don't have to do this every year, I bought my son a coat and pants which both have a 2" zippered extension; one around the knees, and one at the shoulders. This will hopefully allow him to grow, but not outgrow the gear in one year. It costs just a little bit more than the ones without the zipper extension, but you might squeeze and extra season or two out of it. I also bought him winter weight nylon gloves to match, and they're great too. Nothing but good things to say about them, and they were very helpful sizing too. Make sure you give them ALL of your kids' measurements to insure the right fit, and keep in mind these things run tight and small. We had to return one pair of pants, even though the size sounded right, they were way too tight for my son. Play it safe and go a little bigger. You'll love the stuff. Nowhere is gear like this available in the states; Lord knows I tried for almost a year, until I found these guys.

I am stationed in Germany :german: and nearly every large MC shop has a kids section.

I have even seen a child seat for a motorcycle.

The two big ones are Polo (not RL) and Luis, if you see something you really want I can pick it up and mail it via USPS.

Kid size textile and leather gear, in the US. Some of it [most of it?] is imported through BabyBiker in th UK.

http://www.cruisinclothes4kids.com/

Motocross gear is not designed for street/road riding and is not adequate protection. It's better than nothing, but it's not a chance I would personally take with any child.

Back