• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's in Your Toolkit?

Besides a spare EWS antenna ring, that is. I am just putting mine together. So far, I have a Torx folding key set. I am getting ready to order a 3/8 drive Torx T40, T45 and T30. Then I'll put in a compact 3/8 ratchet and about a 10" extension and a 14mm socket to fit the muffler clamp (or is that a 13mm?). Then, the stock tool kit goes to Rochester Iron & Metals on my next scrap run.
For my 2007 RT I need a deep socket 16mm for the muffler clamp and a 50mm Torx for the rear wheel. Sears has them.

Got this right away as it's specifically made for the GS. I also pack a Cycle Pump.

:)

+1 on the CruzTools kit, pretty damn complete for minor roadside repairs (but it needs a tiny torx for adjusting the control pods if they get knocked out of kilter in a tip-over), and the quality is quite good. The adjustable wrench actually works! And they even put a flashlight in the kit...

Peter

Master Torx Bit Set

For all those that are in the market for a complete torx set. I purchased a Master Torx Bit Set at Sears for $19.99 plus taxs. This set general goes for $35.00. It goes from T-10 to T60 and icludes T47 which is generally not included in other sets. It is made by Lisle, set number 27200. I have no afiliation with Sears or Lisle tools. I am just looking out for the members in this forum. Sale ends this Saturday, Dec. 26.
Bill Puma.....

Master Torx Bit Set @a good

For all those that are in the market for a complete torx set. I purchased a Master Torx Bit Set at Sears for $19.99 plus taxs. This set general goes for $35.00. It goes from T-10 to T60 and icludes T47 which is generally not included in other sets. It is made by Lisle, set number 27200. I have no afiliation with Sears or Lisle tools. I am just looking out for the members in this forum. Sale ends this Saturday, Dec. 26.
Bill Puma.....

May I suggest you take you T-47 and T-27 out of the container and hide them. That will stop you from buggering up the end of a screw when you grab them accidentally in place of the T-30 or T-50 that you meant to grab. :bluduh

I just updated my Adventure Designs tool kit with the new "tool roll". This is the best tool kit that I have found. I have been to a few rally's and someone is always looking for a odd tool. It seems that I have always come to the rescue with mine.

http://www.advdesigns.net/ulcobmwr1gsg.html

Ferd

I just updated my Adventure Designs tool kit with the new "tool roll". This is the best tool kit that I have found. I have been to a few rally's and someone is always looking for a odd tool. It seems that I have always come to the rescue with mine.

http://www.advdesigns.net/ulcobmwr1gsg.html

Ferd

Is it possible for you to post a photo of the torx set on the magnetic rail? I have all of these tools but I find it awkward to carry the torx sockets in my tool roll--I'd like to see what kind of rail they are using and see if I could just buy that part somewhere.

Thanks!

Is it possible for you to post a photo of the torx set on the magnetic rail? I have all of these tools but I find it awkward to carry the torx sockets in my tool roll--I'd like to see what kind of rail they are using and see if I could just buy that part somewhere.

Thanks!

It is a plastic rail with pockets for the torx sockets to fit into. The best bet is just to call Chad at Adventure Designs. I am sure he will sell you just the plastic rails and or the rails with the sockets. I called Chad and wanted just the tool roll for my set as I had the earlier tool pouch. He was happy to sell me just the tool roll. Chad is very eager to be of help with your questions.

Ferd

Back