• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone from AZ going to Gillette?

tbryant

Haven't yet signed up but am 89% sure about going...anyone in AZ planning to go? Possibly a group ride?

Terry:whistle

Heidi and I are departing Yuma on Sunday 7/13 for Ely Nv, then to Vernal Ut, then to Estes Park Co, arriving Gillete Wed 7/16. There are some in Phx that have not made up their collective minds as to attending or not, route to take, etc. (Rim Riders Club). There is another group in Phx and a group in Tucson that I think will be attending. Some have posted on this forum already.

bob

Sweet!!

I'll stay in touch as time goes on but we do want to go this time, have never been. Met a lot of nice folks at the Deming Veteran's Gathering last November, had a ball. My wife Lisa rides the 04 R12C (and my RT when she wants...), and I ride what she doesn't!!

Terry

Thanks Tweety, would love to look at your map. I have several routes worked out in Streets and Maps (Microsoft). Hopefully will get to make this trip.

Terry

... My wife Lisa rides the 04 R12C (and my RT when she wants...), and I ride what she doesn't!!

I am in the Salt Lake area of Utah and am thinking of going as well. I ride a '98 R1200C and another member that just bought a '94 R1200C last year may go, too.
Are you familiar with the website dedicated to the R1200C at www.chromeheads.org?

I'd like the map

Me, about 90% sure. I have a mapsource route all planned. Want it?

I'm thinking of going from So Cal. Maybe I could catch up with you guys in Ely or wherever on the first night? I used to ride with the Rim Riders when I lived in Phoenix. I do want to go.:blah I'd like the map.

Last edited:
Thanks Geoffrey, I'll take a look at the website...we love the C. Hopefully we can hook up somewhere.

Luz, I'll email the routes I have played with, can you use Streets & Maps files?:lurk

Starting to sound like Ely NV may be a popular spot for Sunday night.

Terry

can I read?

Luz, I'll email the routes I have played with, can you use Streets & Maps files?:lurk

I've got Mapsource and Tripmaker, but if I had just a few reference points and can fill in the blanks. I'm not sure if I can open the file. What is the extention? (.jpg etc) your leave date would be helpful, as well. I plan to be in Ely the first night, maybe Casper the next night and an easy ride to the site. I'm playing with maybe hitting "Top 'o the Rockies" on the way back, as well.:drink

Thanks Tweety, would love to look at your map. I have several routes worked out in Streets and Maps (Microsoft). Hopefully will get to make this trip.

Terry

OK first leg was shortest route w/o too much superslab, 1136 miles:

Gillette1.jpg

That route tweaked to include WY14 (supposed to be stunning according to main Rally thread) is 1295 miles:

Gillette2.jpg

Both plans looking to stop o'night in or around Meeker; that's halfway on #2 (650+ each of 2 days), and a good head start day 1 for #1 600+ day 1, 400+ day 2

Good job Tweet! When were you thinking of heading out from Scottsdale? I was thinking of leaving Sunday and taking 3 days to get there...nothing's in stone though.

Terry

Good job Tweet! When were you thinking of heading out from Scottsdale? I was thinking of leaving Sunday and taking 3 days to get there...nothing's in stone though.

Terry

Yeah, I was thinking of heading out of Scottsdale, but a meet at a 101 exit equalizes that. I was hoping an ambitious 2 days there and back, each, the former being the "nice" trip, the latter being the superslab as much as needed. At 4 days travel and 3 days Rally, that's a week, and I am unsure I can stay away more (but 9 days is not out of the question). But I'm just in good shape with early planning and ramping up now, I have the routing, I have a place to stay in Gilette, I just have to register, and I definitely don't want to go 1150+ each way alone.

Back