• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75 Shock choice

I put a Wilbers 630 shock on the back of my K75S and it made a huge difference over the stock shock. I was originally going to go with either a YSS or a Works, but what I didn't know was the Wilbers wasn't that much more money than the Works. I paid $550 for my Wilbers 630 built to my specs back in December, plus the 5-year warranty gives me some piece of mind. You could also go with the Wilbers Eco-line for ~$400 and not have the rebound adjustment. Just my $.02.

Wilbers on a K75s

and here is what the Wilbers looks like without the rebound adjustment:

Attachments

• PICT0401_29.JPG
    PICT0401_29.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 124
My 94 K75 is running the original shock too. I am taking a cross-country trip in 8 weeks and really really want to replace it with something better. Unfortunately I don't have $500 to spend on a Works shock (let alone $1,100 on an Ohlins). At the same time, though, I don't want to go cheap. What to do, what to do!

I just found this shock. IKON 7614 at $379 at www.beemershop.com . It's adjustable for both damping rebound and spring preload. Is gas charged and rebuild-able with the ability to tailor the valving. From what I understand it's a Koni as IKON bought the Koni equipment. Beemershop also has Wilbers progressive springs. So for about what it would take to buy the Works shocks I could get both the Ikon shock and Wilbers springs. I think that's a better solution than a Progressive shock and springs and what I'm gonna do when I get ready to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Ikon will be the "low cost option", and will be far superior to a worn-out OEM unit. it will NOT give you what the Wilbers will- but for many riders, it is a viable choice.

Ikon will be the "low cost option", and will be far superior to a worn-out OEM unit. it will NOT give you what the Wilbers will- but for many riders, it is a viable choice.

Not trying to dispute what you're saying but wanting to learn something before I drop several hundred bucks on a shock. So the comparable priced Wilbers Eco Line Type 531 Classic Mono (270 Euros / $360) is a better shock than the Ikon 7614? If so then why? Or are these models comparing apples and oranges and there would be a better comparison?

Last edited:
did not realize that Wilbers had that econo-line; i'm more familiar with their upper end units.
i will defer to the wisdom of Ted Porter & staff at Beemershop- as he sells both the Ikons and Wilbers, and will be able to give you his expert assessment.

regardless of your final choice, you will like the results.

did not realize that Wilbers had that econo-line; i'm more familiar with their upper end units.
i will defer to the wisdom of Ted Porter & staff at Beemershop- as he sells both the Ikons and Wilbers, and will be able to give you his expert assessment.

regardless of your final choice, you will like the results.

After listening to the recording of an interview of Ted for some radio business show about his business and customer service philosophy , I'm definitely gonna give him a call when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Back