• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

HOT Weather Jacket

Gerald,

Thanks. Your info tipped the scales and allowed me to make a decision. At the current price, even discounted, I don't feel the need to purchase the Airflow 2 pants before I head for Spokane. I might take a chance on First Gear or some other brand at a lower price. In any case, I appreciate your input.

King

Recent, I mean recent experience says......

I looked and looked at jackets, and then later at pants. I picked out a brand based on internet prices and pictures, and almost ordered a first gear meshtex set. But I didn't know what size to order, so I went a fairly long way to try some on. I ended up buying a totally different jacket, a Fieldshear. I absolutely love it. It's comfortable, fits well, and is very cool (weatherwise). The first gear didn't fit me, and wasn't comfortable, and I didn't like it. Ditto the Marsee-the neck was all loose, and the body was too short, and very baggy.

Okay, so then today, I go repeat the whole experience for pants. I thought I would try to get fieldshear, but they didn't fit. If I got a big enough waist, the knee pads drooped way too low. The Marsee's were the same. I ended up with Joe Rocket pants. I would never have picked either the fieldshear jacket or the Joe Rocket pants if I hadn't worn myself out trying stuff on.

Also, I wear either an XL (Aerostich), XXL (Joe Rocket) or XXXL (Fieldshear). These things are like women's clothes, they're all different in size.

So, my advice is, go try stuff on before you order it, or you'll be sorry.

By the way, I have a Aerostich Darien jacket and pants. The mesh is only for summer--here in Texas, it's WAY too hot for the Aerostich in the summer.

Warm weather

Being based in Ft. Lauderdale I know hot & humid! Anyone vertically challenged riding behind an RT fairing also knows how difficult it can be to get airflow. I have an Airflow II suit and find it is anything but cool, especially the pants. I tried a Cortech mesh jacket and found it very binding in the armpit area. After countless hours trying the various options I found the Brosh jacket to be exceptional. It is basically a Cool-Max long sleeved T shirt with ballistic padding. Exceptionally breathable and light. I also found the Joe Rocket Phoenix pant to provide better ventilation than the Airflow pants.

www.brosh.com.

I have a Phoenix jacket and love it. I've yet to see the Joe Rocket pants. None of the dealers I've visted carries them. Are the pants made from the same mesh as the jacket? Are they baggy and shapeless? I bought a large jacket, but I have no idea what size pant I would need. I agree... sizes vary and "try before you buy" is part of the deal. Thanks for the info.

Phoenix Pants

The Phoenix pants are actually a little more open in the weave, they are designed with a riding position in mind. Very full in the seat, knee pads will hang low while walking but cover the knee correctly while seated and the legs are tapered to the boot. Best and coolest that I have found so far.
Mike

The Phoenix pants are of the same material as the jacket and as to the baggy & shapeless question...I guess that depends on you... the pair I have fits like a pair of jeans and zips into the jacket...hope this helps: :D

brosh jacket

I have a Brosh Mesh jacket that is both comfortable and well made. It only took about a week to get from Israel, and by using the armor from my heavier Rev-It jacket, I saved a few bucks! I also use the Rev-it rain liner with it if it is raining.
I just bought a pair of Brosh Jeans as well. Good people to deal with!

Airglide Jacket & Pants

I live in Bradenton, FL and commute to FL couple of times a week - 35 miles one way. I have an Airglide Jacket and Pants. I also have the Stealth One piece suit which is really great for commuting. FL is hot and humid and they have served me well. I've also ridden in the upper 30's with lots of layers on the Airglide jacket and pants with the liner and some ski thermals. It doesn't hurt to sit behind the RT windshield :D

The one piece commuting suit is really great. It is so easy to get on and off and I can wear work clothes underneath.

airglide and scorpion

I was looking a few days ago in ottawa at airglide vs. Scorpion air jacket. The 'expert' young girl there really pushes scorpion and then when she went for her smoke break the other teen 'expert' said BIG BIG changes for olympia jackets for 2010 and they will be announced in mid December.

So just wearing flip flops and Short Shorts is out of the question??:rocker:rocker

Ok just kidding I have a Joe rocket also but need to find me a Mesh,so I bet right now all the summer gear is on sale so I better start looking.

thanks for the heads up

Motoport Airmesh II kevlar in hi-viz -- the best combination of ventilation, safety, and conspicuity on the planet.

Back