• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone using Odyssey Battery PC680?

skidgillen

My 4 year old wet battery is on its last leg. On cold days (45 F) it barely turns over fast enough to start it up. I pulled it out, added distilled water and charged it back up, but nothing changed. I am looking for input on the Odyssey battery, pros and cons, as the replacement.

pc680

i just got one when my westco give up the ghost. mind is for the 1985 R80RT.
i would think a litle small for the oilheads. sure zipps the aithead over. you might want to go to the odyssey website and see the application chart. you didn't state what it was going in?

i just got one when my westco give up the ghost. mind is for the 1985 R80RT.
i would think a litle small for the oilheads. sure zipps the aithead over. you might want to go to the odyssey website and see the application chart. you didn't state what it was going in?

sorry but i cannot spell correctly. not my best ability typing.

I understand that a Oddessy 925L will fit.

maybe yes, and maybe no. The 925 is not spec'd by Odyssey for any oilhead, only airheads and some earlier K (K75 & K100) models. not knowing what skidgillen is riding (hint: update your profile!), it would be tough to say what will or won't fit (tho because he posted in "oilheads" i'd make a wild guess that he's probably on one of them. the PC680 is spec'd for all oilheads.

The PC 680 is what I see recommended for the R1100RT, R1150RT, K1200LT and I didn't check the R1200RT but suspect it is also recommended for it. When my Westco battery fails in my RT or whatever I have in my LT fails I will move to the PC 680.

Pc680

I put one in my 02 R1150RT last summer & it's been working fine. I kept it on a battery tender during the (realllly long) winter this year and it started the bike even when it was 20 degrees with no problem.

I'm in my third year with a PC 680 running strong in my R1200C. I too keep it on a BMW gel tender with great results. ABS faults are a thing of the past.

2002 R1150r

Yup, its an oilhead, a 2002 R1150R. Now does the Odyssey need a special battery tender? I have a EverStart (Walmart) 1.5 amp trickle charger that has float mode, and will not charge above 14.4 volts. :ear

I've had a PC680 in R1100S for over 3 years now and it's great. No water to check, almost plug and forget.
Now watch mine die this weekend....

I replaced my stock bat with a pc680... it's been really nice on cold camping mornings.

256109462_E2oXT-M.jpg

129590517_cD283-M.jpg

Great battery and does not require constant charging either. Test like the instructions and charge like they tell you to, to avoid damaging it and they work as advertized. Kind of pricey to buy though so far so good after a year and a half. Only time will tell if it outlasts the stocker though.

Best price

The best price I've found is $117.00 at Aerostitch. Page 222 in their 2007 catalog they mailed me.

I have a PC925 in my K1 and is also wired for Battery Tender use. I've had it about 2+ years now, and have ridden the bike maybe 3 times during that time.
The other day I went to fire up my '00 RT-P (the bike I ride the most) to go for a ride and the OEM battery was dead.. stone dead.. and it was also on a tender.
I uncovered the K1, hit the starter and it fired right up after sitting unused for about a year.

So, I called up West Coast Battery to order a PC680 only to be told that someone on the assembly line screwed up 16,000+ batteries mostly 680's and 925's.
Needless to say I'm on a waiting list for the 680. They said the batteries should be available near the end of this month and that they'd call me as soon as they get them in.
They did offer me "another" brand that was in stock but, it only came with a 1 year warranty... I'll wait.

Pc 680

We have had 2 and loved both. One went into my R80GS and is now about 5 years old and going strong. The other went into Kats R1150R a year ago. I charged them both with a cheap 1 amp charger that attaches to the accessory plug..

Just an update.... I received a telephone call today from West Coast Battery. They got some 680 batteries in and mine is being shipped out...
:dance

Back