Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Odyssey Battery PC680?

Anyone using Odyssey Battery PC680?

My 4 year old wet battery is on its last leg. On cold days (45 F) it barely turns over fast enough to start it up. I pulled it out, added distilled water and charged it back up, but nothing changed. I am looking for input on the Odyssey battery, pros and cons, as the replacement.
    Skidgillen

Black 2002 R1150R abs
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

pc680

i just got one when my westco give up the ghost. mind is for the 1985 R80RT.
    i would think a litle small for the oilheads. sure zipps the aithead over. you might want to go to the odyssey website and see the application chart. you didn't state what it was going in?

Quote Originally Posted by hardbargin View Post
    i just got one when my westco give up the ghost. mind is for the 1985 R80RT.
    i would think a litle small for the oilheads. sure zipps the aithead over. you might want to go to the odyssey website and see the application chart. you didn't state what it was going in?
    sorry but i cannot spell correctly. not my best ability typing.

approaching 2 years on mine. works great if i keep it on a Battery Tender.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

83R100RT

Battery

I understand that a Oddessy 925L will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by 83R100RT View Post
    I understand that a Oddessy 925L will fit.
    maybe yes, and maybe no. The 925 is not spec'd by Odyssey for any oilhead, only airheads and some earlier K (K75 & K100) models. not knowing what skidgillen is riding (hint: update your profile!), it would be tough to say what will or won't fit (tho because he posted in "oilheads" i'd make a wild guess that he's probably on one of them. the PC680 is spec'd for all oilheads.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

ArthurKnowles
    The PC 680 is what I see recommended for the R1100RT, R1150RT, K1200LT and I didn't check the R1200RT but suspect it is also recommended for it. When my Westco battery fails in my RT or whatever I have in my LT fails I will move to the PC 680.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar

Pc680

I put one in my 02 R1150RT last summer & it's been working fine. I kept it on a battery tender during the (realllly long) winter this year and it started the bike even when it was 20 degrees with no problem.

Rally Rat
    I have a PC 680 in my '95 RSL, and I'm very pleased with it.

Robert

I'm in my third year with a PC 680 running strong in my R1200C. I too keep it on a BMW gel tender with great results. ABS faults are a thing of the past.
    98 R1200C Canyon Red

2002 R1150r

Yup, its an oilhead, a 2002 R1150R. Now does the Odyssey need a special battery tender? I have a EverStart (Walmart) 1.5 amp trickle charger that has float mode, and will not charge above 14.4 volts.
    Skidgillen

Black 2002 R1150R abs
    "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood

jduke
    I've had a PC680 in R1100S for over 3 years now and it's great. No water to check, almost plug and forget.
    Now watch mine die this weekend....

NORSMAN
    I replaced my stock bat with a pc680... it's been really nice on cold camping mornings.

Great battery and does not require constant charging either. Test like the instructions and charge like they tell you to, to avoid damaging it and they work as advertized. Kind of pricey to buy though so far so good after a year and a half. Only time will tell if it outlasts the stocker though.

ArthurKnowles

Best price

The best price I've found is $117.00 at Aerostitch. Page 222 in their 2007 catalog they mailed me.