• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

6V LEDs and "Dry" 6V Batt?

otterx

has anyone tried any of these parts from http://www.ulismotorradladen.de ?

the LED's looks like a pretty smart idea. i had just recently thought about jury rigging some kind of surefire 6V led lamp to try in my hella spot light, now i see that this supplier has different types ready and off the shelf.

the "dry" battery seems like a good idea too.

any thoughts on these goodies?

Yes, Vech sells a sealed lead acid battery that won't ruin your paintwork. I have one on my R60/2 and am very happy with it so far (1 year experience). However, his batteries don't have the Old Time look of the ones Uli is selling.

just got my 67 R69S back from a powder coat and new piston and ring job. well i suppose, "just got back" is relative. its been out of my garage for 2.5 years...sigh.

anyways, i am a happy camper again and its back to hunting for new and/or "obscure" finishing touches on my bike. since i am sporting a new paint job on my frame, the "dry" batt certainly got my attention. i liked the looks of uli's, but will check with vech on his stock next week. i have this black kydex batt cover which hides any make and blends in nicely with any /2.

i am really interested in the LED replacement lamps. i'll wait to hear back from uli and see if he offers a "replacement kit/set".

btw, here is my bike b4 i sent it off for a powder coat and piston/ring rebuild.

67r69s_d-72.jpg

its pictured with a hoske, but it now has a heinrich tank on it. still have to tweak the mounts to get it to fit right though.

its great having my bike back to tinker around on again. :)

hey darryl, noticed you live in santa cruz. i bought my first /2 in soquel in 1987. i've been riding vintage beemers ever since :heart

Back