• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a map?

crvalley

To whom,

I've seen other members attach maps to indicate routes they've ridden and so forth. Could I get some information on what software this is such that I can give it a try?

Thanks,

crvalley said:
To whom,

I've seen other members attach maps to indicate routes they've ridden and so forth. Could I get some information on what software this is such that I can give it a try?

Thanks,

You can post maps from pretty much any software. I like MS Streets & Trips, but you can also use one of the web mapping thingies like mapblast or even yahoo. The trick is to create a jpeg, either through the program itself or by doing a screen capture, then attaching it like you would a photo...or uploading to a web hosting outfit, then linking.

Here's an example of the attachment method.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 46
I use Garmin's Mapsource software to take the Track out of my GPSV. You can also use Maps & Streets and use the highlighter command.

To do a screen capture, there are a few different ways. I do not know how to do it on a Macintosh, but on a Windows machine the most basic version is

Press Alt and Prt Scr (PrintScreen) at the same time.
Open Imaging or another graphics program
Select Paste (Control-V typically)
It should paste in the screen capture.

You can then size and save the file as needed.

A friend and I have been emailing Garmin software routes back and forth and the next step is to see how I can post a link to them on the board to share "favorite rides" in Garmin GPS Route" formats.

Back