Thread: ARAI RX-7 Helmet

Peter_Krynicki

ARAI RX-7 Helmet

I'm thinking of one of these helmets. Any comments good or bad. I prefer a seatbelt-style chin strap closure but I suppose I could live with a D-ring.

Thanks
    Pjk

screwtop
    I have one, and I think it's a great helmet. Mine is an RX-7 Corsair and it's going on 5 years old, so I should be thinking about replacing it soon. My only complaint with the helmet was that the visor would not stay fully open beyond 60 or 65 mph, (even behind my CeeBaily windscreen) and there was no way to adjust the tension at the pivot points to resolve this. Other than that, it was/is very confortable.

glennhendricks
    g This little dude works pretty well instead of the D ring.

Peter_Krynicki
    Glenn - will that loosen up little-by-little where the helmet's straps attach?

Thanks
    Pjk

Rally Rat
    I've had one for 5+ years now.

It's comfortable for me. It's light. Not the quietest but it does flow a good amount of air. It's a closer fit than a flip-up type if that concerns you.

The interior is completely removable for washing.

FYI - changing the chin strap will negate its Snell/DOT rating.

glennhendricks

Loosen up?

Not yet and I didn't even think of the Snell/DOT rating issue but you're right, it is a modification to the system isn't it.

Arai helmet

I've heard Arai are the best( hear say ) Jeff Gordon wears one ( fact ) as far a quick releases go, I have one on all of my helmets