• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Wi-Fi at Cam-Plex?

ADSINGER

www.MotoEuro.org
My wi-fi finder indicates there is free wi-fi at a couple of the local motels. Is there any wireless connectivity at the rally sie itself?

alan.

That's great. Thanks.alan

There will be Wi-Fi in the vendor building, and possibly a few hot spots on the site. We'll know more after we finalize some discussions with a vendor. Oh, yes....and there's also the Cyber Cafe for those who don't bring their own laptop.

There will be Wi-Fi in the vendor building, and possibly a few hot spots on the site. We'll know more after we finalize some discussions with a vendor. Oh, yes....and there's also the Cyber Cafe for those who don't bring their own laptop.

What, people don't all carry a laptop? :dunno Oh, must be those riding airheads :whistle

Oh, yes, I carry a laptop...

What, people don't all carry a laptop? :dunno Oh, must be those riding airheads :whistle

I carry one every day, to and from work. I also do a rotating oncall schedule where I sometimes get to use my laptop in the middle of the night.

When I take time off from work, and head out on the 'cycle, the last thing in the world that I want to do is look at a computer.

That said, I can't thank the people enough that take pics daily, and upload them to these boards during the rally. That's a great way of sharing the rally with those that couldn't make it.

laptops at the Rally

When in the world will you have time to use a Computer at the Rally? and carry one with you, thats insane. LOL now that I'm retired I'm on this Computer pecking out messages or making trips to the garage to tinker on one of the bikes, every day. the Rally will be a great time to relax, make new friends, and do some riding. just my .02 worth...:eat

I personally can't wait/am waiting until my company comes up with one that plugs directly into my spinal cord, then I can work even when I'm asleep!

NOT

i-phone? Try a WinMob Device

With a Virtual Keyboard...its what I travel with and allows me to still connect to the office including speadsheets and pocket Word! Im loving the mobile lifestyle! WiFi saves me BIG money when traveling in the US, no Expensive roaming charges for us poor Canadians!

Ya the i-phones not bad, bit of a consumer device but cool.

Tomas

I love my iPhone and the new SDK coming out will rock. I gotta have a command line for being on call. A laptop is nice for offloading your digi's photos so you can sort through them later back home.

All, I'm the Co-Chair of the Cyber Cafe Committee, which is responsible for both the Cafe proper, and for all Internet access for the rally.

There will be WiFi in all the major buildings used for the Rally in Gillette. Specifically, the vendor building, (Central Pavilion), the seminar/registration building (Energy Hall), and the main administrative office building (Heritage Center). There will also be outdoor WiFi access in the large grassy area between the beer garden and the vendor building (The Plaza), and in a one or two of the tent camping areas (Reata Park and maybe the "North 40" quiet camping). And, there will be the Cyber Cafe located in Energy Hall. All this access due to special arrangements with Collins Communications of Gillette, who have been very helpful in support the rally.

Wi-Fi. Yeah!!

That's terrific. Thanks for your hard work. I appreciate the effort these things take to get done.

alan.

Back