• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Road Side Attractions

i-h3jPM5T.jpg

:) Actually, I it does fit through the fence. I parked on the other side of the fence because I was concerned someone could come by a take something off the bike. I did not realize it was a bit of a walk to the site. It was my first time at Foamhenge.

This replica of the Stonehenge (England) is built on the banks of the Columbia River near Maryhill, Washington.

IMG_6809-X2.jpg

Freedom Rock north of Greenfield Iowa on Hwy 25.

20150630_142519.jpg

20150630_142426.jpg

Last edited:
Roadside Attractions

Spokane Valley, WA
Way better than gazing ball in the front yard

image.jpeg

Cafe in Kiawaka, NZ North Island

image.jpg
inside Eutopia
image.jpg

After attending the MOA rally in Billings, MT my wanderings lead me to the Ohrmann Museum on Montana highway 1 just south of Drummond, MT. The life sized metal sculptures outside was the enticement to stop and find out more about the art and the artist, Bill Ohrmann. I was greeted by Mr. Ohrmann's wife, Phyllis, who graciously explained many of her husband's works. Mr. Ohrmann had passed in November 2014, but much of his work in various mediums remains on display in the museum and is worth the stop the next time you find yourself in the area.

http://www.ohrmannmuseum.com/abouttheartist.html

http://www.wilderutopia.com/landscape/urban-art/art-of-bill-ohrmann-gentle-rancher-voice-for-the-wild/

I've included my photos of some of Bill Ohrmann's metal sculptures, but really didn't feel right about photographing any of the numerous paintings and carvings inside the museum. After all, this posting isn't about my meager attempts at "art", but Mr. Ohrmann's success as an artist and activist!

i-ct2z6Vc.jpg

i-XLwPPkB.jpg

i-ggwnrfq.jpg

i-qFFrZck-L.jpg

i-cx7R56t.jpg

i-WVwq3C3.jpg

i-NxdpZtx.jpg

i-VNFJDX2.jpg

i-tQqd25t.jpg

Last edited:
Another Key West picture. This one was taken March 1986.
Looks like they took down the ugly fence and built a short wall.

Key_West_1985.jpg

Back