• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cafe Fairing Tall Windshield

P

phollis

I am in the process of installing an original cafe fairing on my R100S. I don't have a windshield. I am 6'4" and particularly tall from waist up. I love the look of the stock windshield, but believe I will benefit from a taller one. Are there suggestions for tall versions (brands, etc.) that are functional and pleasing to the eye? Photo posts would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I tried a taller one on my S fairing years ago and almost immediately threw it away. The buffeting around my helmet was terrible.

I tried a taller one on my S fairing years ago and almost immediately threw it away. The buffeting around my helmet was terrible.

Same here. I rode with a taller aftermarket shield (parabellum) that was on my /6 (S fairing) when I bought it. Bad handling, particularly in crosswinds and behind the big rigs. Replaced it with a Gustaffson stock bubble shield (Boxerkuh has the link to bikescreen above). Significantly better handling. Substantially less helmet buffeting. The wind tunnel guys knew what they were doing with this design.

Back