• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tell Us of 2008 Trip Plans

I hope to do the Blitz to Branson next month, although I'm changing neighbourhoods in late May so I'm not sure yet that I can work it in- but I really hope to since I haven't been to the Blitz since 2004.
In May there is a Boxerworks forum-rally in Oklahoma. We've done them twice a year since 2004 and I have yet to miss one. Always a blast!
In July there is Gillette...no need to say more about that! :)
In September I might try to make the JailBreak In The Clouds- haven't been to that since 2004 either.
October is another Boxerworks forum-rally.

That's just the stuff I'm tentatively pencilling in for now. We'll see what the year brings.

Gillette for sure, Americade and surrounding area, and Yonge Street (Hwy 11), once listed as the longest street in the world until the government messed with Provincial highways - it's 1,855 kms long, from the city of Toronto, up through the Canadian Shield, across the top of Lake Superior over to Minnesota. Other than that, we'll have to see where I end up this year.

Cheers!

Ahhhh, Vancouver

Ahhh Vacouver. Do these look familiar to you Grant? I've only been to Canada once and remember the trip fondly.

174378193_6aYBC-L.jpg

265101227_YJL4J-L.jpg

Hi Bob,

Yup, looks like Vancouver. I lived there 4 years in the 90s. It wasn't till I left that I did the trip from Van to SanFran. As I passed through Oregon I waved, yes, that was me. Actually, OR was stunning. I'm thinking that the leg from Wyoming to Vancouver might dip down to OR and check out more of it.

G

Jun 12 to June 22

2 couples, 2 bikes, and 3 countries. (maybe more - maybe less)

Self guided... .... German Black Forest, Western Austria, with a side trip to Venice Italy (Venice for our girls of course).

Last edited:
i am heading to joshua texas, leaving march 20th, in the am. i had it all planned out on how i was going to go, but now i think i will just pack the bike the nite before, get up the morning of the 20th, have a cup of coffee and just head out. i will take 3 or 4 days to get there, stopping when my curiosity gets the better of me. i will hang out there for a few days, ride all over hill country with my mom, she has her own ride, and still at it at 67, then take a completely different route home.

Trips

Blitz to Branson

11 day trip KC to Jacksonville to San Diego (attempting first 50CC) meander back to KC

Beach Tour in Europe 14 days Munich to Switzerland to Italy to Slovenia to Austria to Munich Cross the Alps 10 times

A few other smaller trips will trickle in somewhere

If the stars are in alignment and my shoulder replacement surgery goes well, I plan on going to the Salty Fog Rally.

My other trip plan is sailing for two weeks in the North Channel of Lake Huron. :thumb

go east tour

Fourteen days Germany Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Poland Czech Republic, Germany, roughly a 4000 kilometer round trip to Dracula country and back.

I'd like to stay three or four more weeks, but the way the dollar is tanking I think this may be it for overseas this year. Local who knows, hard to get excited about it.

Anticipation!

Our only firm dates are the Blitz in April, Hyderseek in May and Alaska in June. Then Camp GEARS in Wyoming in July and lots of wandering in between.

Hoping to see many of you on the road.

Life is good when you're retired ; )

Off to find more Texas Bluebonnets today . . .

Voni
sMiling

October through to March, then a bit longer after a flight to England and back.

Falkland Islands and all countries between there and Seattle. Lots of tea stops.

Earlier in the year, some other places, yet to be fixed on the calendar or the map.

This year I plan to attend the RA Rally, do the Minute Man 1K, and to the rally in Vermont. Also several shorter riders with the local BMW club. And last but not least, all of the day's that I get to ride to work.

Return to Trenton Rally with the R80RT then switch bikes and off to Cape Breton with the R1200RT for a couple of weeks.

Cape Breton and PEI

Mid July trip thru New England backroads, up the coast of Maine to Bar Harbor on the way to PEI. Then on to Cape Breton and riding several of the scenic trails: Sunrise, Celidh, Fleur de Lis, and of course the Cabot Trail.

Back thru Maine, the Kancamagus in New Hampshire and part of Rt 100 south thru Vermont. Cross into New York, down thru Lake George to Unadilla. Finish up with the Second Annual Chromeheads Ramblin' Pig-Out in Conklin, NY before heading home. Should be a little over 3200 miles over 10 days.

Woo Hoo !!!

Possible later Rallies: C3 in August, Finger Lakes for Labor Day and GMR in Sept.

This years riding plans

This year may be my best year yet!

I will start with almost every weekend here on the east coast. My wife is leaving for a new job in California in two weeks. Talk about free time!

Then I have 2 weeks vacation to use.

Then by the fall I plan on following her out to Bikersfield, CA area. This way I can ride pretty much year round! The only time I have to fear is the 110 degree days of summer. But, I can always go for the mountains. 2 hours away! Or the shore 2 hours away! :dance

See you on the road starting in two weeks. I will be the guy with the RT12 plate from MA and I will be wearing a big smile on my face!

Family fun

My wife and I our taking our 2 kids to Alaska, then down through Banff NP , Glacier NP and Yellowstone. Stop in Gillette then off to the Black Hills. You only get one chance to be a good parent make it count.

The only trip of decent length will be 10 day round trip from Richmond, VA to RA Rally in da UP, Michigan.

Other than that, just a few long weekends to West Va and the Smokies, and many day trips close to home on other weekends.

(I have a feeling I'm going to miss all of the leave I had at the DoD contractor job I got laid off from last year. This real job with 2 weeks vacation really cuts into the riding time.)

Roy F

All plans are subject to change, but...

Airheads at the Aerodrome rally in June - be gentle, I'm a rally virgin.
Multiday trip to Indy for the MotoGP in Sept.
Fall camping trip in October, maybe up towards the Finger Lakes this year?

Lots of day trips and maybe a weekend here or there.
Wow, now I'm getting excited thinking about it.:dance

Back