• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Florida ride report

Many thanks to those who responded to my earlier question of where to ride. I had to trailer my bike down to Hernando Beach as I had a car full of wife and kids.

First day there was kind of rainy and very windy. Found out later that it actually snowed that day up in Hiawassee Georgia.

The next day I ran into an MOA member at Busch Gardens. He was thinking of running for office, but I think he was over qualified.

Boat ramp at Bayport.

Fort Island beach.

My wife dropped me off in Atlanta for a charity golf tournament. I then rode back home from Atlanta. For those who are curious, yes those are my clubs strapped to the bike. SW through 3I, and 3 woods are in that case. For those that are interested I bought that case through a company called Cargo Golf. One strap and 2 bungees and it is very secure, although I might look a little silly riding down the road.

Attachments

• rr 5.jpg
    rr 5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 136
Learn something new every day

My apologies for the somewhat screwy ride report. I didn't know that I couldn't attach more than one photograph. I was hoping to show you the MOA member I met at Busch gardens. I think he was running for president. At least he probably knows how to use a computer to attach image files.

Attachments

• rr 2.jpg
    rr 2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 130
Hmmmm, President you say? Bears a striking resemblence to one of the existing candidates... ;-))

Golf clubs? Pah -- not weird at all. You should see the looks I get with my SCUBA gear strapped to the bike.

Hall

James O said:
My wife dropped me off in Atlanta for a charity golf tournament. I then rode back home from Atlanta. For those who are curious, yes those are my clubs strapped to the bike.

Florida!

How's the lane splitting with those clubs strapped to the back to your bike?

C R,
Lane splitting is not legal in Georgia and to be honest I have no idea if it is in Florida.
I will admit that I forgot about the wide load as I pulled in for gas once and hit a plastic trash can that was sitting a few feet away from the gas island. Lucky for me it moved and caused no problem. I've ridden with my clubs about a half a dozen times and that was the first, and hopefully the last time, that I ever hit anything.
James O

Lane splitting is not illegal in California and is illegal everywhere else in the United States.

Back