Thread: some people have it right

On the Road

some people have it right

this guy was smart even though cnbc pretty much laughed at him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfascZSTU4o

Rally Rat

Media is creating a recession

Every night on the news that is all you hear. With the media beating it into us we will stop consuming and creat a recession just because of what we heard on the media. But not BMW riders. . . we are still going to get out this summer and enjoy the roads and rallys.

gpodzo

I agree with Peter 100%. These economist make me laugh. You ether have money in your pocket or you don't. I had a guy at work try to convince me the a $2 strip of tape was cheaper than a $1 roll of tape, and when I wouldn't buy it I was told " Thats because I never took economics!"
    Remember the little boy that cried wolf? The wolf eventually came!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrod View Post
    I agree with Peter 100%. These economist make me laugh. You ether have money in your pocket or you don't. I had a guy at work try to convince me the a $2 strip of tape was cheaper than a $1 roll of tape, and when I wouldn't buy it I was told " Thats because I never took economics!"
    Remember the little boy that cried wolf? The wolf eventually came!
    I think that we BMW riders need to buy even more farkles for out bikes to keep the economy rolling along. What say you.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Peter Schiff is the man. Get his book "Crash Proof". He also has a weekly radio show on the net, and shortwave.

On a lighter note:

Retirement Planning:

* If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00
    * With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00
    * With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left
    * If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have $49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer/wine one year ago, drank all the beer/wine, then turned in the cans/bottles for the aluminium and glass recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to Drink heavily and recycle!
    Sig? What's a Sig?

Laffer clearly lost that bet....

Quote Originally Posted by sjbmw View Post
    But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer/wine one year ago, drank all the beer/wine, then turned in the cans/bottles for the aluminium and glass recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to Drink heavily and recycle!
    That's exactly what I've been trying to explain to my wife!

I knew I should have scrapped together the money years ago and bought Apple when people thought the company was dead... darn.
    http://www.monksvoice.com

I could be the voice you're hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbmw View Post
    Peter Schiff is the man. Get his book "Crash Proof". He also has a weekly radio show on the net, and shortwave.

On a lighter note:

Retirement Planning:

* If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00
    * With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00
    * With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left
    * If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have $49.00 left.

Now there's a smart investor