• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

26 degrees..

monkeywork

Mad Scientist
Ok, it was cold out this morning, lots of ice and all that. I'm in my syncro, and I see a single headlight coming up behind me. CRAZY GUY ON A MOTORCYCLE!

he pulls up beside me. BMW GS.

Oh, ok. Not so crazy.

28 Degrees

It was a whole 2 deg warmer in VA (28 degrees), but no ice, only frost. I too was on my way to work with the RT on I-81 at 7:30 AM.

EyeBiker

it was nice toasty 32 when I headed out at 5 AM in northern VA, now its almost too hot to ride (low 50's) Ha Ha!

RM

Cold....

14 degrees this morning with a light coating of snow on the roads. Single digit temps forcast for the next couple of evenings.

ENOUGH ALREADY! BRING ON SPRING!!!!

It was 17 belowF here this mornin',27 below,with the wind chill.It's 230pm,still 16 below,gonna be awhile till it's ridin'weather,seems soon's it warms any,we get'nother dump of snow. Oh well,will enjoy the first ride even more.

Been on two wheels since Valentines Day. Baby GS handles frost like a champ. It is purdy stuff though. The pavement sparkles in the headlight.

day off

i took yesterday off to get my 6k service done at Mortons. Left home at 7am @ 30 degrees back home 7pm at 30 degrees, 250 miles. good day

Supposed to be 70 F. here in N. Calif. tomorrow. With the wind chill it'll probably plunge to 68, but I think I'm tough enough to handle it.

Alice's Restaurant for breakfast.

Les

I had to plug back in when I hit the coast, but inland it was 45 and sunny yesterday.

Everything Awaits Spring

2315604206_66cd416d53_o.jpg

I got to be the crazy guy on the GS down here in TexSux last week.A big snowy cold-front was coming into the Dallas area as I was trying to get the hell outta town for a club-ride down to Big Bend. The lowest my bike's readout said was 29 I think, but I'm not certain of its' accuracy. I do know that with grips and electric jacket both turned up to max I was still freezing. Ice was forming on the windscreen as I noticed sleet building up on the cars parked on dealers' lots, and ice was forming on trees and weeds around me as well. But the front had arrived quickly so the ground was still too warm for freezing. I'm sure that all the rednecks in Stephenville wondered what kinda crazy I was.

Back