• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Saddlebags for me Rocksta

El Dookey loves to ride.
Okay, so I chose not to have the BMW hard bags put on the bike. Now I would like some soft saddlebags - I call my dealer and he tells me that I am SOL because no one makes an adapter to allow soft saddlebags on my bike - they will get sucked into the rear end....
Izzat so? I saw an ad for some "Thin Bags" by Aerostich in the ON. Called them and the nice lady on the phone doesn't know diddly about what will work on what bike.
Any of you roadster drivers use soft saddlebags? Didja need some adapter to make 'em work? The Thin bags have a semi-hard sidewall or something.
My dealer just went down about 7 notches in my eyes - I was dismissed pretty %^&*ing fast for someone who bought two bikes in three years.

Than Que very much

I knew that bat-rastard was full o' beans. I will never buy another part or accessorie from the prick. His attitude already cost them 2 helmet sales and a pair of gloves.
Pardon me, but I like to ENJOY spending my hard earned money.
(sorry for the rant, but ......)
I found another interesting product on Aerostich.com. Now all I gotta do is pick the winner....

You might want to check out RKA as well. They make some very, very nice stuff, including color matched soft luggage that holds its shape when it's empty.

They're here.

Dude

Thanks for thinking of me. After careful consideration I bought some from the Aerostich folks. Motofizz - they are the cutest little ole saddlebags you ever did see.
I was gonna put a picture of them up tomorrow. (Didn't RTW today on account of I have to make a presentation at a dinner tonite in a freakin suit and tie......)

Hey no sweat Cliffy. I am in the process of installing a topcase, and when I post pics and tell you how much they cost, I will let you guys be the judge of if it is worth it.

Here is what I bought....

First I have to share something from the label on the product. Mostly it is in Japanese (Korean??). There are a few parts in English on my new Motofizz Sport Bag from Aerostich.
Here are some direct quotes:
"Moto Fizz turns on every rider." haven't noticed it yet.
"Must equipments for every riders who needs highest quality bags" yup, that me.

Attachments

• bags 1.jpg
    bags 1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 352
The Rain cover (included)

Not that I will ever have a chance to use this. Take a look at the clear blue sky......Oh.
I am very happy with the total of $135.00 I invested in my "luggage".

Attachments

• bags with cover.jpg
    bags with cover.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 345
Luggage looks good cliffy, and the bike looks really good too. That copper color is my favorite rockster. I watched it rain all day here, and I got the trunk I bought mounted, and I will get pictures tomorrow, when I have some light.

Re: Dude

Cliffy777 said:
Didn't RTW today on account of I have to make a presentation at a dinner tonite in a freakin suit and tie......)

You see those are the days I love riding to work. Every so often we get big wigs coming in and I am expected to look really presentable, you know the whole nine yards. Hair combed, tame earrings, shave, suit, tie... the standard stuff you would expect. However they are always scared of what little twist I will throw in :evil so usually it is showing up on the RT.

The Aerostich works well for going over dress pants and shirt. I put the dress shoes in the saddle bags, as well as neatly folding the jacket. Yes there is a way to do it so it does not come out looking bad. I loooove walking into the office past the Prez's office and getting the looks of concern.

My personal favorite, I had a meeting at a client's. Showed up on the RT. In the parking lot, took off the 'stich changed shoes, put on jacket, adjusted tie in the rearview mirror, walked into the meeting carrying the helmet and breifcase. I think they are still trying to figure out how I did that.

One can ride no matter what the dress code, just takes a little preperation... I have even figured out how to put my garment bag on the RT just in case.

Back