• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Remove cassette player?

JOEVANO

Can the cassette player be removed from the oddments compartment? I'd like to make more room for a satellite radio with the CB in there. I'm sure I'll never use cassettes.

Yep I took mine out. Started with the tiny screws around the housing and kept taking it apart. I didn't take off the control on my handlebar yet. I wanted more storage room.

Well it looks like you can't take it out. There are far more wires going into the cassette player to only be a cassette player. It must also be the amplifier and radio. Oh well, I'll just have to find another spot for the satellite!

Yes, it's much more than a cassette player as you found... I would think the tuning buttons and display would have indicated that?

Anyway... I pulled the wires out of the compartment, coiled them up, and then zip tied them just in front of the compartment and to the faring - they don't show unless you really look for them. I completely removed the remote control. I left the antennae in place because it's better than having a hole in the faring. I covered the holes in the compartment with electrical tape and now have full use of the compartment.

Yes, it's much more than a cassette player as you found... I would think the tuning buttons and display would have indicated that?

Anyway... I pulled the wires out of the compartment, coiled them up, and then zip tied them just in front of the compartment and to the faring - they don't show unless you really look for them. I completely removed the remote control. I left the antennae in place because it's better than having a hole in the faring. I covered the holes in the compartment with electrical tape and now have full use of the
compartment.

Tuning buttons and display? Those are on top, the cassette is in the compartment as a seperate unit!

Jer,

I'm moving this to its own thread.

It's kind of useless on an 11 year old thread about a different subject.

:dance:dance:dance

I pulled mine out. I just kept taking stuff off until those wires and the cassette

Well it looks like you can't take it out. There are far more wires going into the cassette player to only be a cassette player. It must also be the amplifier and radio. Oh well, I'll just have to find another spot for the satellite!
My smart phone is now my stereo and communication device.

came out 1200 LT 2000 and I have a ton more room than ever before. I basically could find no easy way to replace or remove or tap into the speakers and have settled on a bluetooth speaker on top that I battton down with velcro...

Paul

radio removal

Can the cassette player be removed from the oddments compartment? I'd like to make more room for a satellite radio with the CB in there. I'm sure I'll never use cassettes.

If you are referring to a K1100LT, the radio is easily removed from the frame with the "radio remover tool" :) If you don't have that, just make one with some stout wire. The wire ends slip into the holes found on the perimeter of the radio. Depress the tabs that secure it in the carrier and the radio slip up and out. You can see the instructions with illustrations in the radio manual. Google is your friend (sometimes).

Jer,

I'm moving this to its own thread.

It's kind of useless on an 11 year old thread about a different subject.

:dance:dance:dance

Wondering if you're addressing this to me? I used this thread since it was related and shows that I actually tried to search first for an answer before taking the time of others.
Now, where did you put my thread? :)

Thanks,
Jer

Back