• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Throwing objects from cars

Re: 10-4 on the "leave 'em alone"

Cliffy777 said:
Making a point ain't worth dying for....(at least not this kind of point)

I could not agree more. Remember the old saying: Here lies so & so. He had the right of way

I was parked at an Exxon/Subway the other day having a bite,and this guy rides up on a New Suzuki 1300 rocket bike . The guy is wearing a t-shirt ,shorts and tennis shoes. I was sitting there thinking what is this guy is going to do when he gets a wasp,or cigarette up his crotch? OOOOoouchhh!!!
WEAR THE RIGHT GEAR. DRESS FOR THE CRASH.:idea

these squids crack me up !!! I had a talk with a young man not to long ago about proper riding gear.He look at me like I had three heads! I tried.

When people ask me "Aren't you hot in that?", I reply that I'm perfectly dressed for sliding down the road on my ass.

That usually elicits a giggle and a level of understanding.

high tech gear

With all this new high tech,and light weight gear thats on the market today,there should be no excuse not to wear any.Besides I think you look much cooler wearing it:D

Re: high tech gear

LICK MY BRICK said:
With all this new high tech,and light weight gear thats on the market today,there should be no excuse not to wear any.Besides I think you look much cooler wearing it:D

I definitely agree.......

Dave wins the "Quote of the Day" contest with this:
When people ask me "Aren't you hot in that?", I reply that I'm perfectly dressed for sliding down the road on my ass.

Nice...

As for objects being thrown / roadrage... I'll only admit to losing my cool once. I was nearly killed by a nice lady who attempted to stuff her car into my right system case. I caught up to her at the next light and was about to explain to her the importance of MIRRORS when she glanced over at me, cell phone in hand, a gave a dismissive wave not unlike a queen sending away a servant. I responded by telling her that if she wasn't going to use her mirror, I'd take it off for her. Do you know that there are 3 wires holding a power mirror to a 500 class Benz??

Take a can of presurized CS spray,or even better, pepper spray,and if the window is down spray it in and watch the dumb ass go bizerk!
This also can be acomplished by spraying the can behind you as you ride knowing that the dumbass is behind you. He or she will have to pull over,windows up or not it will find it's way in. Damn am I mean or what?
Pay backs are hell aint they...

side note-:D - do not try this under penalty of law. (or just don't get caught):brow

If you spray the pepper spray in the intake just below the windshield of a car, it will last for hours, and as long as they are moving, it will permeate the interior.(not that I have ever done this :D )

Back