• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75RT stuff

R75rider

Hmmm, I just agreed to buy a 85 or 86 (not sure) K100 from a friend that runs a local bike garage and it has a noticable hissing noise too. I asked him about it and he said "that's just the way it sounds". hahaha, I'm not so sure he knows that to be a fact but the bike ran good for what little bit I rode it. I thought maybe I was just hearing the carbs sucking air (assuming it even has carbs, I didn't look). Anyway it's got 60k miles and looks great, it's all black and the electric windshield impressed me. :)

Randy,
The fuel pump is a roller pump and the noise it makes is sort of a hissing noise too. I'm guessing you agreed to buy a K1100 if it has the electric windscreen....unless he added it. It was not available until 1993 on the first K1100LT's.
You need to go to www.ibmwr.org and learn all about K-Bikes. No carbs since 1985 in the states.

Mick

Hey thanks for the info. The bike said K100 on the rear fender. The prior owner must have added the electric windshield then. It also had full fairing and at least 8 switches built into that, bmw saddlebags, yellow choke light that worked, digital gear position indicator, and a strange looking muffler... triangle shape I think it was. I'm not having any luck finding a picture that looks like it.

Randy

K75RT

Triangle shaped muffler.

I don't recall the shape of the muffler on my K100, and unfortunately, don't have a picture of it in digital format.

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 159
That picture looks like it, add bags and paint it black. Except for the kickstand, that's different. So did any K100's come with this configuration or did the former owner just do a lot of reconfiguring?

ps: I'm not trying to hijack this thread, really!

R75rider said:
That picture looks like it, add bags and paint it black. Except for the kickstand, that's different. So did any K100's come with this configuration or did the former owner just do a lot of reconfiguring?

ps: I'm not trying to hijack this thread, really!

The K100's had a square muffler, and the K75's had a triangle muffler to represent the three cylinders. Some newer K75 and K100 RT's had an electric windshields and it is comon to see older ones with a retrofitted set up.

Jim :brow

Back