• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hainan China ride video

Very cool

First time I've seen fan dancers that were clothed!!! Looks like a fun time. I love eating at places like that.

That was very well done indeed. You put a lot of work into that video. My wife spent a lot of time in China and she especially liked the eels and pot sticker part!! Keep it coming

Fritz

beautiful, thank you.

my dream is an adventure ride across china..... and into tibet and nepal.

ian

beautiful, thank you.

my dream is an adventure ride across china..... and into tibet and nepal.

ian

I've a small collection of National Geographics dating back to 1912, some never taken out of their original mailling packaging. In one from the 1930s, there's an American lady who rides her bike through China following the canal system.

Great read, and something I've always wanted to emulate.
Fortunately my Wife makes annual trips to Hong Kong or at least that's the case for the last two years, so I tag along. This time we added the Hainan trip on and as we couldn't get our bike there, went on the web to see what we could find.

A Brit was in Sanya and saw an American riding, so stopped him and asked if he'd get intouch.
We arranged to ride his 600 Shadow for a week. (The island is smallish, so a week would give us time to explore and meet).

We shipped helmets to Hong Kong and left most of our belongings there when we made the hop to Hainan.
We picked up the bike and our American decided he'd join us for the first day's ride.

It seemed okay at first. The bike was a bit knackered (resulted in a shattered tooth and gum reconstruction surgery when we returned to Seattle), but the worrying aspect was our guides attitude to the young girls we met. This is a late 50's guy hitting on 12-14 year old girls.

Second day more of the same, so we asked him openly what was going on. He was buying young girls for $75 (the same as we were paying for the bike). When I say buying, he then owned them, until he was tired of them. Girls are a burden to the village families as they cost money to "get rid of" when they marry. Sons bring girls into the family to help, and a dowry.

We didn't ride his bike any more and resorted to tuk tuks and taxis.

Back