• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F650GS twin coming July '08

The F series twin is made by Rotax. The G series single is the engine they're moving production to Taiwan.

Man they are getting weird.

a 650 that's really an 800

I think in 2006 325s had low output 3.0 I6 and a 330 had high output 3.0 I6

Now they are on 328 with a 3.0 I6 & 335 3.0 I6 with twin turbos

I guess maybe a lot of consumers do not care, but if their enthusiasts are getting confused?

I think what is wrong with the launch of the F800GS is the euro/dollar conversion. I bet they are waiting to see how things settle out on what is going to be a very high volume bike for them.

I bet the new F650GS will be priced at about what people thought the F800GS would be and we will see that bike creep up a few thousand.

I am betting the 09 R1200GSA will top $20K

The days of sub $10K BMWs are almost over

as much as i like the new 650GS it is my understanding that with the low frame version you can not get a center stand. this will make chain maintenance very hard and has turned me away from the 650 twin. the same goes for the 800ST low frame, no center stand. on both bike without a center stand repairing flats (and chain maintenance on the 650) is going to be a lot of trouble. i do not understand BMW not offering a center stand, esspecially on a chain drive bike. on the 650GS single the low frame version had a center stand.

Just rode the new F650GS twin this weekend.
BMW need a good swift kick up the backside. This bike has got the worse seat I have ever sat on.:bolt
I was not the only one to comment on the day(dealer ride day)

Barr that, the bike didnt feel too bad. More go than my current 650 single, steered sharp, brake was good for a single disc. Rode well, suspension felt good.
Corbin, please help in a big hurry.:cry

Good review of the F800GS and some commentary about the F650GS in this month's Motorcycle Consumer News.

Does color make Motorcycle Consumer News better?

I don't know if I would say better but definitely different.

Dave Searle is a wonderful incredibly knowledgeable guy. I had a great time meeting and chatting with him. We sat together on the flight home and had some good chats.

As a professional his review is tailored to the rider and gear head, mine was written specifically for the enthusiast, plus I am no pro moto-journalist.

That is why I wanted to include the sidebar letting folks know who else was on the trip and where you could read their reviews.

I think there is a good place for both; on one hand you get the input of a fellow enthusiast with ownership experience across the model range and on the other you have a pro who is also a really good technical writer.

As a professional his review is tailored to the rider and gear head, mine was written specifically for the enthusiast, plus I am no pro moto-journalist.
Could have fooled me. The article was was done.

Both inputs are needed and appreciated. Thanks again Rob for a review that was more "BMW Family" orientated.

Back