• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

Finally, my schedule and the weather matched up to be able to go out for a ride. It's been about three months for me, which is atypical for Northern California, but we're having a record wet year. And being a fair-weather rider, the bike stayed in the garage. I went out on one of my favorite short ride routes, which at one point was closed due slides. On the ride, I noticed about 4-5 areas with slides. The road had a bunch of areas that were covered in dirt/mud. It also happened to be a local ride for a Porsche group. Past three groups of cars; however, the second group looked a lot like the first, so maybe it was only two groups. It was a challenging find a good spot to stop and take a photo, but I finally found an OK spot. It's nice to see the hills green. In a few months, they will most likely be brown.

Attachments

• First Ride 2023.jpg
    First Ride 2023.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 218
Bug Killing Spree

I went on a bug killing spree (aka a morning ride). Had a lot of fun riding up CA Hwy 160 along the Delta in the San Francisco Bay Area. Stopped off in Isleton for an early lunch (small personal pizza). It's really nice riding along the levees, and it's a bit cooler on hot days.
Bug Killing Spree.jpg
Rio Vista Levee Medium.jpg

Monument valley, N Az./S Utah. On the 16 RS heading to Moab, then onto Colorado

Attachments

• 20210718_102815 - Copy.jpg
    20210718_102815 - Copy.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC01755.JPG
    DSC01755.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 142
Arrows to the left

Hardknot Pass, Lake District, England.

Clutch control essential... a number of super-steep switchbacks.

IMG_0324-X3.jpg

An Australian friend, who spent summers riding in the US and Canada, would put an arrow made of painter’s tape on his windshield that pointed right.

Had new front tires mounted last week and got out today to make sure everything felt ok.
Took mine out for 70 miles and Deb's for 50 miles.
Stopped at the Freedom Rock north of Greenfield Iowa.
A local artist paints new scenes each year for Memorial Day. This year is the 25th year.
20230627_140140-1.jpg

20230627_135835.jpg

He also painted rocks in all 99 Iowa counties.
This is the Union county rock where we live.
That's an old Phillips station in the background.
20230627_160437.jpg

We are camped out downstream of the Garrison Dam this week so momma and I brought the big Zuma along. I've managed to put 55 miles on it in the last two days. :laugh These little things can be a hoot.

IMG_2995-X5.jpg

Our group of Vintage Bikers from Rocket City had some fun last Saturday!

I/we heard the ScooterCannonBall Riders were passing thru NE Alabama, so I arranged a Ride-2-Eat for lunch; we then met some ScooterButt Riders at their Mandatory 3rd checkpoint of their Day-7 ride from San Clemente, CA over to Hilton Head, SC! Not what I would call fun, but these folks were still enthusiastic on Day-7 while riding to Rome, GA for the next-to-last nite! https://scootercannonball.com

Hope y’all have a great summer of group rides programmed into your calendars!

Our small gaggle of HSV bikers awaiting some ScooterButt Riders. MAX displacement for scooters is 279cc!
HSV-Bikers.jpeg

A dedicated rider from California; the plastic tape on his headlight and many scratches on his machine indicated he’s had a tough ride!
group-Calif-scooter.jpeg

Another couple of Iron Butt Scooter Riders! One on the left is on a Honda Ruckus.
two-arriving.jpeg

Mrs Kimberly, from somewhere down in the middle of East Alabama; she’s still having Fun on her Burgman 200!
IMG_0926.jpg

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back