• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

A little day trip in the desert to the Aden Crater and Kilbourne Hole. The Aden Crater, https://www.lascrucescvb.org/aden-crater-and-lava-flow-rugged-wonderland-tour-monuments-to-main-street/ The Kilbourne Hole, https://www.blm.gov/visit/kilbourne-hole-volcanic-crater

The Aden Crater is in a Wilderness Study Area so you can no longer ride/drice into the crater. A road still exits from the days of guano mining. So there's hiking also involved.

i-3csg3ZC.jpg

From the rim of the crater looking back toward where I parked my bike.

i-qD8MLGn-X2.jpg

Looking into the actual crater.

i-WQRKQd2-X3.jpg

Google Earth view.

i-ptrhk3Q-X4.jpg

After four miles or so of hiking/exploring, made it back to my machine.

i-ZRvKXQN.jpg

This is why I chose NOT to take the GSA for this ride.

i-jQzckRR-X2.jpg

i-T2JNKjD.jpg

Made it to the Kilbourne Hole.

i-4Kkqh82-X5.jpg

i-vHpmsCz-X4.jpg

i-z6K2g4V-X3.jpg

i-vJXZw6F-X3.jpg

The sand is somewhat manageable, it’s the talcum powder like bull dust that's treacherous. It hides all sorts of other challenges. I encountered six of these spots during this ride and made it through five of the six before running out of skill/luck. The 3-5 mph fall made a big cloudy “poof”! I felt sort of like the guy on the tricycle on the old “Laugh In” show! No injuries, nothing broken on the bike...kind of a big laugh at myself.

Last edited:
I felt sort of like the guy on the tricycle on the old “Laugh In” show! No injuries, nothing broken on the bike...kind of a big laugh at myself.

Well good on you to tackle that stuff. In the recent Namibia ride report in ADVrider, the author and his buddies had a very tough time in the sand.

Great pics, as always, Steve. :thumb

A beautiful 2nd day of February ride here in ND. A relaxing 150 jaunt through the badlands was the perfect way to get out of the house for the day. And prepare the mind for the negative temps coming later this week.

20210202%20Ride-X2.jpg

Another excuse to visit Texas, I love museums and WW II history. Never knew of this place. Perhaps this spring! You lucky dogs that are still riding, 30f in Ohio and the RT on the maintainer......waiting. Thanks

146709238_10219105798901465_8019282614287735286_n.jpg

First ride since October 6th
8 weeks Post Op Left Total Hip Replacement
Feels so Fine!!

Back