• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

Thanks for sharing Rinty. The loss of ones wife, tragic indeed; teaching a mere group of BMW riders that trajedy does not define us... thank you for that, I needed this.

i-mHxPvtp.jpg

If I remember correctly, when the Southern Pacific built the trestle across the Great Salt Lake, this eliminated the need for the original route you visited. The route across the lake was much shorter and had other advantages.

If I remember correctly, when the Southern Pacific built the trestle across the Great Salt Lake, this eliminated the need for the original route you visited. The route across the lake was much shorter and had other advantages.

"In 1904 a new railroad route called the Lucin Cutoff was built by-passing the Promontory location to the south. By going west across the Great Salt Lake from Ogden, Utah, to Lucin, Utah, the new railroad line shortened the distance by 43 miles and avoided curves and grades. Main line trains no longer passed over Promontory Summit."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_spike

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucin_Cutoff

Any railroad in area?

yes,. My wife and I were there last year.They have about a one hour talk on the two steam engines and real working replices. Good for history buffs. One was coal fired. the other wood fired.:wave Also along the way see the rocket ship site ,part of NASA. Out in the middle of nowhere!

Forrest Fires in BC

Rode down to Prince George and Williams Lake today. Lots of wildfires in the region and some areas are being evacuated.

This was along route 97 north of Williams Lake.
20170707_170328.jpg
20170707_170331.jpg

Headed south through Williams Lake toward 150 Mile House. Stopped for fuel, looked back and saw this!

Attachments

• 20170707_205816.jpg
    20170707_205816.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 230
Looks Like I'll Be Here for a While...

Gas station was out of fuel, so I decided to wait for the fuel truck that was due to arrive shortly. A few minutes later the station lost power. No fuel from these guys anytime soon. Glad the KTM has an 8-gallon tank and I've probably got about 6 gallons remaining. Not that I'm going anywhere soon. Route 97 between Lac La Hache and 100 Mile House is closed in both directions due to the fires.

20170707_205821.jpg

Pitched the tent at Lac La Hache Provincial Park and settled in for the night. Hopefully, one of the few roads leading south will be open tomorrow.

-MTS

If you had ridden the k bike the mothership would not have put those obstacles in your way:)

True, but where would be the "Adventure" in that? :stick

Screenshot_20170708-053702.jpg

They finally opened part of Route 97 this morning and I hauled ass south while I could. Made it to Seattle this afternoon. :)

Screenshot_20170708-083156.jpg

No K bikes were harmed while experiencing this adventure.

-MTS

Back