• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

When the forecast is for 80% chance of rain, that means there's a 20% chance it won't!

Voni
sMiling

Day ride in Douthat SP while attending Spring Fling in Natural Bridge, VA.

DSC_0105-Edit-Edit.jpg

One more picture of the Creston Depot with BNSF engines pulling empty coal cars back west.

BTW, I think the tractor ride was around 70 miles.
Approx 250 tractors in three groups, with the fastest tractors in the 1st group.

Tractor Ride 3.jpg

While visiting friends in Denver, Co I took a short ride to Bailey, CO foran elk, cheddar cheese, jalapeño Brat. Hmmm....good!

i-wFL68km.jpg

The view across the Great Sacandaga Lake near Lake George New York. I spent the day at the "Dirt Daze" off road event (sibling of Americade) and hit the pavement for a sunset ride.

i-dNMXtkK-X2.jpg

The Kananaskis Trail winter gate opened on Thursday, so I took a Midweek Sneak and rode up to Highwood Pass. It got colder as I rode down the Valley, and I stopped at Mt. Kidd to better close off my suit. From the Fortress Mountain junction, it began raining intermittently, and the temperature dropped further as I climbed up to the Pass. At the top, it was blowing hard and raining, but a guy from Bristol, U.K. kindly snapped some pics, so I didn't have to set up the tripod. Even got a few moments of good light:

June 2017 087.jpg

I parked in the same spot where we took pictures of my wife Karin, with her new car, some years ago. She passed away recently, so it was a nostalgia moment for me. Here's the pic, from a happier time:

Old%20Coolpix%20pictures%20028-XL.jpg

Last edited:
The Kananaskis Trail winter gate opened on Thursday, so I took a Midweek Sneak and rode up to Highwood Pass. It got colder as I rode down the Valley, and I stopped at Mt. Kidd to better close off my suit. From the Fortress Mountain junction, it began raining intermittently, and the temperature dropped further as I climbed up to the Pass. At the top, it was blowing hard and raining, but a guy from Bristol, U.K. kindly snapped some pics, so I didn't have to set up the tripod. Even got a few moments of good light:

View attachment 62222

I parked in the same spot where we took pictures of my wife Karin, with her new car, some years ago. She passed away recently, so it was a nostalgia moment for me. Here's the pic, from a happier time:

Old%20Coolpix%20pictures%20028-XL.jpg
It is good for the soul to return to a happy place a very pretty place even better

Back