• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post your one day ride photo.....

Went to visit the covered bridges in Lancaster County, PA.

IMG_4742-Edit.jpg

First ride of 2017 out of Calgary over to the Cowboy Trail (Hwy 22) on to Longview and back on a fovourite stretch on Hwy 533 to Nanton and home.

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

Had a great visit in the Big Bend area, but bit warm at the time for me... Enjoyed checking out the park though....

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 254
First ride of 2017 out of Calgary over to the Cowboy Trail (Hwy 22) on to Longview and back on a fovourite stretch on Hwy 533 to Nanton and home.

Atta boy, Ken. 533 is one of the best. One day I have to go back, and drive Williams Coulee....

I have 533 pics, but they have 993 content....:D

Utah rides

Photos taken on Utah 72 Pass overlooking San Rafael to the east and Hilgard Mountain (near Fish Lake) to the west. Pass is at 8975'. It just snowed the day before and this morning (1 April). Temps in right at 40 @ 1pm.
Utah 72 Pass 1.jpgUtah 72 Pass 2.jpgUtah 72 Pass 3.jpg

Great ride, mid to upper 50's for the most part. Utah 72 is one of those roads not mention much, but a great road to discover. From Loa to I-70 (Fremont Junction)

Skyline Drive

IMG_20170411_124419281 Skyline Drive.jpg

I decided to change things up today. Have not been on the Skyline Drive in years. Similar to the Blue Ridge Parkway, but more traffic and a 35 mph speed limit. The traffic could be related to spring break. I am okay with the 35 mph speed limit. I am on a Airhead :) I might do it more often, but the $20 access fee is pretty stiff.

Sunny ride up the Oregon coast today with a stop over in Pt. Orford for the best fishnchips on the coast...

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 299
IMG_20170503_080512390 Deerfield Valley Road.jpg
This road crosses the river. Access to the other side is slightly downstream behind some brush. I did not go any further...leaving that to the GS guys. :)

Took the KTM out for a little ride on a portion of the Pony Express Trail today. First stop was at the site of the Faust Station.

i-qfVLNnZ.jpg

i-jZspzmk.jpg

Then on to Lookout Pass. When I have more time I need to explore further west.

i-wWGvdp4.jpg

Around Swabia

Bought this nice K75 last weekend as a backup bike. It will need a little love and should be on the road in 2018.

33633583753_4c6befa578_b.jpg

Here some more impressions whilst riding to look at the K75. The weather was too nice, so extended the ride, visiting some friends in the Black Forest, passing from Swabia into Allgäu , then through Switzerland below Lake Constance, and ascending into the Black Forest.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/215735722"title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="840" height="473" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Turn #20, climbing Stelvio

From an Edelweiss tour. Each day was an out-and-back day trip loop, returning to the same hotel. On day 4 we tried on Passo dello Stelvio.
This is turn #20 of 48(!) on the way up the NE road. Some of the turns are tighter. :eek

Credit: FotoStelvio

This road crosses the river. Access to the other side is slightly downstream behind some brush. I did not go any further...leaving that to the GS guys. :)

Similar situation - Fording Place Road, farmers use it for equipment that is too heavy for the bridge that most use. Before the GS we just had motorcycles that went wherever you wanted to take them.

i-52XQFVk-L.jpg

Back