• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post your one day ride photo.....

In contrast to Texas, Vermont is just about thawed out but greenery hasn't even begun to think about sprouting.

That stuff along the riverbank is large slabs of ice left over from when the river thawed. When it jams up under bridges or in chokepoints the river backs up and floods low lying sections. With luck it's just idle farm fields. But plenty of homes and businesses can be submerged as well.

Unlike Barley, who had to stay awake and alert lest a squirrel should appear, Tulliver has a very Zen style of riding

But he's always ready to absorb some lovin' when we stop

Breaking in Debbie's new bike today.

P1020888.JPG

Where's the pic with smoke rolling off that rear tire? :)

Sunday. 38 degrees, snow not melted from Saturday.

Son wanted to go for ride. He had just gotten his Tiger 1055 backtogether after replacing all 3 pistons and rings. Had bad compression and high oil useage. FOund some of the ring lands broken. Learnt that was a problem on first couple years, until the mapping was changed. Man, would think that a premium brand like Triumph, would not have problems like that (some of you might catch my reason for such sarcasm).

Was concerned about road conditions, but did notice that were not any snow plows / salt truck out with yesterdays snow. ANd roads were clear.

IMG_3911ce_w800_zpsdszyoclr.jpg

Met my son, and we headed north.
Less snow and a bit warmer two counties north. Maybe 40-42 degrees.
But seemed that roads had been salted there.

IMG_3919e_w800_zpsywjgnpgm.jpg

But did find some roads that had snow banks melting and running across road, and did find some roads that had salt.

Return trip went along lakeshore

IMG_3925c_w800_zpsac3vkorg.jpg

Good afternoon ride with my son.
But had to go to a spray-it-yourself car wash before getting home.

Last edited:
Sunday. 38 degrees, snow not melted from Saturday.

Son wanted to go for ride. He had just gotten his Tiger 1055 backtogether after replacing all 3 pistons and rings. Had bad compression and high oil useage. FOund some of the ring lands broken. Learnt that was a problem on first couple years, until the mapping was changed. Man, would think that a premium brand like Triumph, would not have problems like that (some of you might catch my reason for such sarcasm).

Was concerned about road conditions, but did notice that were not any snow plows / salt truck out with yesterdays snow. ANd roads were clear.

IMG_3911ce_w800_zpsdszyoclr.jpg

Met my son, and we headed north.
Less snow and a bit warmer two counties north. Maybe 40-42 degrees.
But seemed that roads had been salted there.

IMG_3919e_w800_zpsywjgnpgm.jpg

But did find some roads that had snow banks melting and running across road, and did find some roads that had salt.

Return trip went along lakeshore

IMG_3925c_w800_zpsac3vkorg.jpg

Good afternoon ride with my son.
But had to go to a spray-it-yourself car wash before getting home.

If I've asked before ? Sorry...what part of west Michigan ? Waaay back I lived in Honor right on US-31 . So I'm curious...OK nosy . I still travel up, when I can ,one of my favorite vacation places.

Alabeemers on a club ride this glorious day. The first day of the mileage contest. We were led by Brian Hinton. He did a great job and showed us things we would have never seen otherwise.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Back to the OP's idea that we post one photo of our one day ride.......

One of my favorite parts about riding in western Montana are the long and wide agricultural valleys. These valleys can extend for 50 or more miles, are flanked by foothills of the Rockies and have a river or stream flowing through them. The single roads through the valleys are normally lightly traveled even during the summer tourist season. Riding through miles and miles of ranch land, visiting the occasional small town and enjoying the gently winding roads never gets old......

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 353
Back