• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

Are they back to normal hours for the restaurant?
When we were there last year they were only open on weekends.

Hi Lee,

I remember seeing pics of your bikes there. Yes, they are wide-open again and have been now for some time. It is very busy on pretty weekends, with lots of bikes in attendance, as well as cars.

Paint Bank is 55 miles from my house, over some very nice mountainous roads, and is a frequent trip for me.

The huge home-made brownies and chocolate-chip cookies are the main attractions...:)

Hi Lee,

I remember seeing pics of your bikes there. Yes, they are wide-open again and have been now for some time. It is very busy on pretty weekends, with lots of bikes in attendance, as well as cars.

Paint Bank is 55 miles from my house, over some very nice mountainous roads, and is a frequent trip for me.

The huge home-made brownies and chocolate-chip cookies are the main attractions...:)

:thumb

Burgers at The Chicken in Orilla Iowa today.
After returning from Texas we had around 10 wet days in the 40s and 50s, then several days in the low 90s with high winds.
Today was a nice day, so we hoped on the bikes.

Orilla May 2022 (1).jpg

Orilla May 2022 (2).jpg

Orilla May 2022 (3).jpg

Yesterday I checked out the new paintings on the Freedom Rock north of Greenfield Iowa.
This Freedom Rock is repainted with new scenes each year in time for Memorial Day.

20220527_141011.jpg

20220527_141323.jpg

20220527_141357.jpg

Iconic Floyd Country Store in Floyd, Va., 45 minutes from home.

Attachments

• Floyd Country Store and BMW-1006.jpg
    Floyd Country Store and BMW-1006.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 298
Espana

… somewhere in the Picos de Europa National Park

i-wFgpCfV-X2.jpg

Debbie had never seen the round barn in Bedford Iowa so yesterday we got out for a short ride to stop at a car show, check out the barn and get a bite to eat.

Bedford Oct 2022 (3).jpg

Bedford Oct 2022 (6).jpg

Bedford Oct 2022 (7).jpg

Bedford Oct 2022 (1).jpg

No Gas Available

Last Sunday I pulled into this station for a photo op. I've been there before with my R1100. The only thing operational outside are the night lights and air hose for the locals. Inside the retired owner works on vehicles.DSC05886.jpg

Nice picture Paul, I love the old gas station look!

Thanks Darryl. The garage is located in Oakdale, a village with maybe 8 or10 homes. The owner has no problem with folks using his garage for non-profit photography. At the risk of becoming boring and repetitive, here are a couple more shots I took a few years ago on one day trips with my R1100.

Cheers!

Paul
DSC01668 copy.jpg DSC05491 copy 2.jpg

Thanks Darryl. The garage is located in Oakdale, a village with maybe 8 or10 homes. The owner has no problem with folks using his garage for non-profit photography. At the risk of becoming boring and repetitive, here are a couple more shots I took a few years ago on one day trips with my R1100.

Cheers!

Paul
View attachment 89682 View attachment 89681

You look very intently at your map Paul, are you deciding where to go next?

Darryl

Back