• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

Had a nice ride along the Delaware River today on the PA side. There's a little color left, but with the leaves mostly down, there are some nice views of the river.

IMG_1792-Edit-X4.jpg

IMG_1797-X4.jpg

Put the new stock height windscreen on my 1100S and went for a spin.
View attachment 76110

Peace, tranquility, and a sense of waning riding time left this year, and oh yeah, beautiful motorcycles.

Cynthia Ann Parker

To celebrate my 79th birthday I rode to the original grave site of Cynthia Ann Parker.
IMG_1525.jpgIMG_1519.jpgIMG_1527.jpg

Today might be the last longer ride this season. I left with 11ºC and hit a couple of light rain pockets on my way to my buddy's place where it was 8ºC. Quick cup of coffee and homeward bound for my last hour on secondary roads in the dark No scenic stops for pics but I did end up making 4 gas stops in 6.5 hours. It's been a nice fall, I'm still using my outdoor shower, I'll brave it down to 5ºC.
59492303542__ED25DAAA-496F-4CB0-B9AE-1295F9FF9C81-L.jpg

Today might be the last longer ride this season. I left with 11ºC and hit a couple of light rain pockets on my way to my buddy's place where it was 8ºC. Quick cup of coffee and homeward bound for my last hour on secondary roads in the dark No scenic stops for pics but I did end up making 4 gas stops. It's been a nice fall, I'm still using my outdoor shower, I'll brave it down to 5ºC.
View attachment 76166

Today, November 9, '19 - Peak-to-Peak Scenic Byway - South of Estes Park, Colorado. It's our "home" ride, we've ridden it hundreds of times and it never, ever gets boring.

20191109_125628(1).jpg

Today might be the last longer ride this season. I left with 11ºC and hit a couple of light rain pockets on my way to my buddy's place where it was 8ºC. Quick cup of coffee and homeward bound for my last hour on secondary roads in the dark No scenic stops for pics but I did end up making 4 gas stops in 6.5 hours. It's been a nice fall, I'm still using my outdoor shower, I'll brave it down to 5ºC.
View attachment 76166

Why did you not take the S to the National instead of your R65?

I only got the 1100 in August so long after the MOA. Besides I wanted to run down to the MOA old school in my vintage leathers on my vintage bike with vintage me.

On another thread on here some guy said supposedly today was the birthday of the first motorcycle ride by some guy Daimler and Maybach. I think that’s a good enough excuse to get out for a spin so I did. I live near fishing folk who kindly catch the best fish in the world.
IMG_2108-L.jpg

Cold ride in the middle of PA

IMG_8380-Medium.jpeg

Decided to get a bit lost in Western PA. Drove through small town, big hills, and even a few oil refineries. These are some of the first to ever be built.

Followed the Allegheny River for a bit and discovered this town Foxburg that I haven't seen in ages. Totally different in the summer when this place is packed of people on inner tubes and motorcycles.

New $25 muffs worked well. Barely needed the grip heaters. Was a good day. Considering the winter storm coming this week it was needed.

It was 18ºC here yesterday so before I got to washing a couple of bikes like the 1100 after being in a bit of rain the other day I got out for a little scoot on the R65 as I hadn't ridden it since I got home from PA and Vermont in September. Of course the temps dropped overnight and my outdoor shower was frozen this am, so much for testing my shower mettle at 1ºC.
IMG_2118-L.jpg
Got home complete with a Hans Muth autograph
IMG_2119-L.jpg

Last edited:
50 Degrees, might as well ride!

Not a long ride, but got in about 100 miles through the Buckhorn canyon to the Poudre canyon near Fort Collins, Colorado

Blue@StovePraire vLowRes.jpg

Figuerora Mountain, CA.

Riding up Figuerora Mtn. Rd. and down Happy Canyon is always a blast.

Attachments

• happy_canyon_pano.jpg
    happy_canyon_pano.jpg
    835.8 KB · Views: 168
Theodore Roosevelt NP North Unit

ND is coming out of the deep freeze so I got my first ride of the season in.

i-bF7BGwQ-X2.jpg

It's the place to go if you want to find one of about 3 curvy roads in ND. :)

i-NN9rc5C-X2.jpg

Lake Sakakawea

It's not every day you have a guy fishing through the ice as a backdrop for a photo. He had one flopping on the ice as I was preparing to leave.

i-qZ73LQd-X2.jpg

Back