• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post your one day ride photo.....

It's coming . . .

Just need RED truck bed liner.

And it is the right tool for the job.
Like my black LD comfort tights.
If it's not red, it's got to be really good!

Voni
sMiling:groovy

Yesterday riding with my favorite go fast girl on the Roadster's. (and the annoying bicycle dudes) :burnout

DV-DAze-2012-697-Version-2-X2.jpg

Playing in the mountains was very enjoyable today, plenty of sunshine with smiles all around. :usa

DV-DAze-2012-725-Version-2-XL.jpg

DV-DAze-2012-737-Version-2-XL.jpg

L1035446-Version-2-XL.jpg

Nice, but cold ride to Augusta Missouri today for lunch. Had lunch at the Edelweiss Inn, sounds right to me.

Attachments

• Cold ride today.jpg
    Cold ride today.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 484
On the way home from buying my first airhead in Michigan.

A little stop in Auburn, Indiana for a great museum.

i-JDXVCvD-XL.jpg

I've been to this museum. I loved it and recommend it to anyone into antique cars

The road back to IndianHead, near Big Bend National Park in Texas is one of our favorites. My TW love it!

P1010168.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Voni and I went riding the little bikes so wound up riding out to Indian Head down by Study Butte. She stopped to take a picture so I made a U turn and was just fiddling around waiting for her. I spied a narrow stretch of mud at the side of the road so decided to practice riding in the mud. Who knows. Some day I might need to ride in mud. The front tire was slip sliding along just fine for about the first ten feet - then it stopped turning so plowed for a foot or so and then the rear wheel started spinning in the little bit of mud. I could get the front tire to skid forward but couldn't make it roll.

Whoops! Low fender! Trapped mud. Turnless tire. Voni and I had to pick the front tire up and move it over a foot or so to get it out of the mud. Then we kicked some mud off. I powered forward just skidding the front tire for 20 or 30 feet on solid bare dirt before I could get it turning. Eventually I could actually ride it without the front wheel stopping whenever it chose to.

Now I need to decide whether I should take the fender off, or take the wheel off to get the concrete-like mud out of there. Decisions, Decisions!

P1010178.jpg

Today at a local OHV park on the GS, life is good when you're dirty.

Rohwer-X2.jpg

Rohwer-1-X2.jpg

Rohwer-3-X2.jpg

85?? winter day in California

Nancy started to learn how to ride ATV trails. :clap

Rohwer-3-XL.jpg

And I picked up a gift from days past. :cry

Rohwer-2-XL.jpg

The Hillsman House at Sailor's Creek

One of the last major Civil War engagements before Appomattox took place here in April 1865. This house was used a Union Hospital. Taken earlier this afternoon.

Genito-Ride-002-L.jpg

77 in Phoenix area today! Ride on...

It has been great riding in the Phoenix area. Living in Jerome is the best decision I have made in 56 years (come next Thursday!!).
Just north of the city, took a stretch break.
Hope all my friends out there are happy and healthy.
You snow bunnies should be out and about too! I only had a bike for 3 years in Buffalo, so you can do it! (OK, the heated grips help...)
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Posed.jpg
    Posed.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 376
It has been great riding in the Phoenix area. Living in Jerome is the best decision I have made in 56 years (come next Thursday!!).
Just north of the city, took a stretch break.
Hope all my friends out there are happy and healthy.
You snow bunnies should be out and about too! I only had a bike for 3 years in Buffalo, so you can do it! (OK, the heated grips help...)
Enjoy!

Wow, an awesome place to live. I went through Jerome last spring and loved the roads we were on for sure. How did you find a level enough spot in town to park your bike?

Wow, an awesome place to live. I went through Jerome last spring and loved the roads we were on for sure. How did you find a level enough spot in town to park your bike?

I was just thinking...Jerome...isn't that the town on the side of the mountain? :scratch Stopped last spring on way to CA.

What a sweet spot...and a great ride in or out of. I parked at the fire station to walk around...still not level!

Back