• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's time to switch the ratchet over to tighten.

kbasa

256260874_zTi8m-XL.jpg

So, you're saying the motor fell out? In which case I would agree, deffinately tighten that sucker up next time!:laugh
Guess you're lucky it fell out on the bench at home not out on the road somewhere, thou....:whistle

RM

I saw the pics of the paint over at the "other" site. Please share the finished product here.

You took a motorcycle that was fairly average and are turning it into something really special.

Good job, el Presidente!

These need to be sorted, cleaned and, in some cases, replaced.

256262011_LLSKF-XL.jpg

This bike won't venture far from home.

One airhead electrical system, minus the whirly, chargie bits.

It's laid out pretty much like it is in the bike, too.

256265275_AZW6t-XL.jpg

Looks much too clean

obviously it hasn't been ridden much!

My airhead looked like that once,.....

120,000 miles ago:laugh

RM

Ratchet Switched

Switched mine on Saturday, still a long way to go. Love your paint and striping!

-jwk-
Dallas, OR
R80/7

frame.jpg

Dave,

Wheels are to be determined. I have both spoked and snowflake ones. Got new SS spokes and drive cup to rebuild the spokers then scored a pair of the snowflake ones. Right now, I'm leaning towards using the snowflakes with fresh paint just to move things along, and rebuild the spokers for the next tire change.

After much consideration, I painted the frame with Eastwood's new Extreme Chassis Black. Very hard and glossy.

I have done a lot of painting over the years, and know what my results will be. Bodywork is painted in the original metallic black, with white lining.

One thing for sure, the wife is glad to see all the finished parts beginning to migrate out of the house and back into the shop!

Dave,

Wheels are to be determined. I have both spoked and snowflake ones. Got new SS spokes and drive cup to rebuild the spokers then scored a pair of the snowflake ones. Right now, I'm leaning towards using the snowflakes with fresh paint just to move things along, and rebuild the spokers for the next tire change.

After much consideration, I painted the frame with Eastwood's new Extreme Chassis Black. Very hard and glossy.

I have done a lot of painting over the years, and know what my results will be. Bodywork is painted in the original metallic black, with white lining.

One thing for sure, the wife is glad to see all the finished parts beginning to migrate out of the house and back into the shop!

Sounds pretty! I'm not allowed to have parts in the house, so as far as she's concerned, it's some kind of UPS tide ebbing and flowing in and out of the garage. :ha

Back