• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Video

My Latest

Here's a new one.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/acfTFPV7uqA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/acfTFPV7uqA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Here's a new one....

I got an error on your link. But I found the vid clip on YouTube at:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/acfTFPV7uqA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/acfTFPV7uqA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Oh yeah, nice video. I like the camera position better on the left side of the helmet.

And who are the songs by on the soundtrack? ..... never mind! I wrote the question before getting to the end of the clip. :)

I got an error on your link. But I found the vid clip on YouTube at:

Oh yeah, nice video. I like the camera position better on the left side of the helmet.

And who are the songs by on the soundtrack? ..... never mind! I wrote the question before getting to the end of the clip. :)

Hey robsmoto not sure what happened there but I fixed the link. Thanks for reposting.
Bill

Re-edit

Here's a re-edited version
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94fCYnDabnM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94fCYnDabnM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Muneio,

Nice collection of shots. It works nicely to have the rider's POV going into the tunnel, together with seeing the bike come out of the tunnel.
The other tunnel sequence is cool too, where you've got the 'over the shoulder' shot and the entrance and exit to the tunnel reflect off of your helmet.

Plus, the video has good resolution.

Noel 'I'm no expert' Addy

Muneio,

Nice collection of shots. It works nicely to have the rider's POV going into the tunnel, together with seeing the bike come out of the tunnel.
The other tunnel sequence is cool too, where you've got the 'over the shoulder' shot and the entrance and exit to the tunnel reflect off of your helmet.

Plus, the video has good resolution.

Noel 'I'm no expert' Addy

Thanks naddy

So how do you get video transitions to time with the rythmn of the music...tweak the edit?

Yeah sometimes I will tweak the edits a bit to align. It's just moving stuff around stretching it out or shorting it up. I've also tweaked the music tracks but thats a lot more difficult at least it is for me.
What software are you using Lamble?

Bill

Final Cut Pro...I just took a 2 month college course on the basics, and they are still more than I'll ever need.

I must admit, I film then edit to the music, as although sound tools would let me edit the score, I've not touched that software yet, so my variable is the video rather than the audio. I find it also constrains the length of the video, so hopefully I don't get over indulgent.

Final Cut Pro...I just took a 2 month college course on the basics, and they are still more than I'll ever need.

I must admit, I film then edit to the music, as although sound tools would let me edit the score, I've not touched that software yet, so my variable is the video rather than the audio. I find it also constrains the length of the video, so hopefully I don't get over indulgent.

I did the same thing, taking a class at the local city college. The program is deep, the more you use it the better. I learn something new almost every time I edit. I find the hardest part with these motorcycle videos is making them interesting the helmet cam stuff gets boring really quick at least it does to me. I think people are what make things interesting. And I'm trying to figure out how to put interesting personalitys and the riding together cohesively. :scratch
Bill

I got Premier Pro CS3, and I haven't taken a class in it. The basics aren't too tough, but a couple of weeks ago a local studio guy told me I needed to use the mult-camera editing tool for what I was doing. It took me a little while to figure it out. When I did figure it out, it kept me entertained for a week. Very cool.

Noel

I got Premier Pro CS3, and I haven't taken a class in it. The basics aren't too tough, but a couple of weeks ago a local studio guy told me I needed to use the mult-camera editing tool for what I was doing. It took me a little while to figure it out. When I did figure it out, it kept me entertained for a week. Very cool.

Noel

Hey Noel,
Have any examples of the multi-cam stuff? Would really like to see it. So your shooting with more then 1 cam. How are you syncing the timecode?
Bill

Last edited:
Hey Noel,
Have any examples of the multi-cam stuff? Would really like to see it. So your shooting with more then 1 cam. How are you syncing the timecode?
Bill

I'm out of town at the moment. You're right that the first part is getting the footage synched. In my case, my project involved people talking. I used the best sound track as the single sound source. The tough part was getting the lips synched to the sound. In my case I used the pictures as the method of synching the footage. When the videos are in exactly the right relative place, there's a synch function that locks the videos in relative place. I think footage of talking is particularly challenging to synch. CS3 can use the timecodes too as a method of synching. I used the pictures.

The other challenge is to get the color corrected across cameras. I'm not really a good color person, so that's not really my strength.

The other big decision I had (and have) is the transition from one camera to the other. I haven't got this down either. Slam cuts seem to work in movies and with other people. My slam cuts always seem jarring, so I seem to use short cross-desolves for most of my transitions.

I enjoy hearing what you guys are doing in a motorcycling footage context.

Noel

I'm out of town at the moment. You're right that the first part is getting the footage synched. In my case, my project involved people talking. I used the best sound track as the single sound source. The tough part was getting the lips synched to the sound. In my case I used the pictures as the method of synching the footage. When the videos are in exactly the right relative place, there's a synch function that locks the videos in relative place. I think footage of talking is particularly challenging to synch. CS3 can use the timecodes too as a method of synching. I used the pictures.

The other challenge is to get the color corrected across cameras. I'm not really a good color person, so that's not really my strength.

The other big decision I had (and have) is the transition from one camera to the other. I haven't got this down either. Slam cuts seem to work in movies and with other people. My slam cuts always seem jarring, so I seem to use short cross-desolves for most of my transitions.

I enjoy hearing what you guys are doing in a motorcycling footage context.

Noel
Are your two cameras different makes or models? For jump cuts you might try shooting some cutaways to insert between clips? Also helps if image size and angle change at cut or cut on the action where the movement begins in one shot and ends in the next. Just some ideas straight from the text book. I'm still learning all this myself.
Bill

Back