Thread: 1991 K100RS paint code cross match?

oilhead110

1991 K100RS paint code cross match?

I have a 1991 K100RS that I'm restoring and will be painting it soon, the original paint code was 675 metallic red. Does anyone know if their is a cross match to PPG, dupont etc or another color that is close? The original red was faded so taking it in for color match is useless.

Thanks

Clappy

Blocking the slow lane
    675 is a BMW number, but there is a Glasurit number that cross-references, and that will probably cross-reference to a number of cheaper paints. The Glasurit paint is expensive.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

guzzirider

bmw paint code

I am changing the the color on my sons k-75 from a deep red to a bmw blue. The code for the blue was 680 from a 92rs k-100. I went to a local dupont store to cross match that number and found that they had a paint that matched the code.STANDOX was the name of the paint.It is supposed to be a high end paint, at $95 a quart and $ 95 a gallon for the reducer it should be.I went with a dupont paint that was close in color for $30 a quart.The store said that I could have brought in a fender in the color I wanted and they could scan it and matched it by mixing the color themselves.I just went with a different color.