Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Dgt = Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    I wonder what the protocol is for reporting "other" volunteers?
    i cannot wait to complain about the disorderly state of the wires at the charging station this summer.

Unavailable for comment
    Hello everyone, this is not a concern or a complaint. Just wanted to inform everyone of today's updated rules if you do have a concern or complaint. Please see the forum rules so you do not receive a PM such as I received today copied below. We all have to abide by rules so it's important to view these rules updated today so please go to the forum rules and review to avoid such a PM as below.

Moderation warning #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showpost...&postcount=177

Randy - please consult our posting guidelines:

Concerns & Complaints

Moderators are all volunteers, they are not perfect and as often as folks turn a bright line quite grey there will be moderation results that seem inconsistent. If you have a complaint or feel you‘«÷ve been treated unfairly just drop a line to the Forum Liaison at liaison@bmwmoa.org (it will help to have a complete explanation of your thoughts with links to specific threads and posts.)

right now, i'd prefer a PM with your concerns.... i am not certain the e-mail address has been aliased to mine.

if you have a complaint about a moderator, PM me.

if you have a complaint about me, either call our executive director, or communicate with a board member.

thank you for your cooperation.

ian

forum liaison

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    i cannot wait to complain about the disorderly state of the wires at the charging station this summer.
    Great! You probably do it on the shift he cons me into covering for him.
    Darn wires.

Quote Originally Posted by rkasal View Post
    Hello everyone, this is not a concern or a complaint. Just wanted to inform everyone of today's updated rules if you do have a concern or complaint.
    randy - the guideline in question was posted almost a month ago.

ian

randy - the guideline in question was posted almost a month ago.

ian
    And posting PMs is quite lame.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

HODAG
    thank you for calling the charging station "concern" line
    our crack staff is standing by.
    press 1 if you would like to leave a message
    press 2 if you have a picture of the concern
    press 3 if you would like an answer to your concern

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    thank you for calling the charging station "concern" line
    our crack staff is standing by.
    press 1 if you would like to leave a message
    press 2 if you have a picture of the concern
    press 3 if you would like an answer to your concern

and remember, dumb looks are still free.

.02 for what it's worth.

There are several members currently working on a proposal to reinstate a DGT type thread. That proposal will be submitted according to the established club guidelines.

The current thread is getting downright adversarial in places, apparently on both sides of the argument. That atmosphere will not help to get a DGT forum reinstated.

I realize that there are those who have other issues they are addressing here as well. I don't want to suggest that I know better than anyone else but I would like to suggest that since this thread is about the shutting down of the DGT, and that is being addressed, that we let the DGT portion of this die for now and that the other issues be addressed elsewhere.

I have no official standing within the MOA and am only one of the folks trying to come up with a solution to the DGT issue so please take this as nothing more than a fellow member asking a favor. There is no critique of anyone involved intended. If you want to help try to bring back DGT, help us work within the MOA boundaries.
    Last edited by Oldhway; 02-11-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Man can I write e run on sentence.
    Steve Marquardt

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhway View Post
    ... I would like to suggest that since this thread is about the shutting down of the DGT, and that is being addressed, that we let the DGT portion of this die for now and that the other issues be addressed elsewhere.
    outstanding idea.

this thread is now closed.

ian

forum liaison