• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Florida Road Recommendations

The kids have spring break next week and we will be at Hernando Beach, Florida which is about 30-45 minutes north of Tampa Bay.

Any of you west coast Florida guys or girls know any nice roads that I should ride while I'm down there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

James O
R1150RS

From Zephyrhills and Dade City north in a kind of fan shape to west and east - - to Leesburg and to Inverness and Beverly Hills and along the coast up to Homasassa are some great county roads. There are actually hills and twisties through farm/cattle/orchard country with huge Live Oaks dripping with Spanish Moss.

Get some county maps and go. It's one of the best areas of Florida that I've found for riding.

Lew . . . two weeks out of Florida on my way to Denver (when the snow quits).

Thanks for the info lewlei. I'm usually satisfied waking up on the beach with a screwdriver and strumming my guitar, but last year I missed my ride way too much and this year decided to take the bike.

I noticed in your profile that you are retired US Navy. My dad is a retired 06 (29 years) from the army. Thanks for the recommendations and thanks for your service to our country.

James O
03 R1150RS

Florida Roads

James,

Find a Pasco County Road map. Find San Antonio it is a small town North East of Tampa Start there, look for Bellamy Brothers Blvd, County Rd 41, Floral City, Itschatta Road, Trails End, Croom Road, Bayhead Road, Darby Road and many others.

If you jumble them and mix them up well you'll have a pretty nice day's ride.

San Antonio also has a pretty decent mexican restaurant.

Cal Garcia
Sarasota, FL
R90/6
K75

A few more nice roads include CR42 which runs east from Weirsdale to Deland, 41 north which all the way to GA, and sections of 27 north of Ocala and south of Gainesville. All have light automobile traffic and very scenic rides.

The Ozello trail west off 19 near Homosassa is twisty. East off 19 to 98 to 476 to 39 North to 48 West to 41 is fun. After 41 you can go North to 44 west to 19 or South to 480 west to 19, past 19 on 480 is Chassahowitzka Springs. Hope this helps pass the boredom of Flawda roads

all the areas mentioned in central florida have surprisingly good roads to ride. light traffic, country, not always straight as an arrow. just cruise you'll really enjoy it. plus it looks like summer is almost here so temps should be pretty nice next week. :D

Back