• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

I did 29 states April/May 2010. Thought I wouldn't want to do it again but now I'm ready to go again.

32 U.S and 2 in Canada have been on my current bike but I have also done a few of the same states and provinces on past bikes. And I have never towed my bike to any of the locations. It was nice to get out at the beginning of April 2010, between snow storms.

Now just to do the rest of the U.S. and Canada and hopefully Mexico, Central and South America, if my body will cooperate.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 80
  • VisitedProvincesMap.jpg
    VisitedProvincesMap.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Post rally update - a current total of 48!

TripStates2012.jpg

46 states and 6 Canadian Provinces.

Too technically challenged to figure out how to use that really cool map thing.:scratch

May have been in 48 states, but can't remember being in Rhode Island and Delaware. It was in the 1980's if I was.:dunno

How many states

Still need to get Alaska, Minnesota and North Dakota under my belt. Not counting Canada and Mexico, long way to Alaska, and don't have a snorkel tall enough to make it to Hawaii.

Hope to pick up the western states next year with the trip to Salem for the National. That will just leave Delaware to complete the lower 48.

What the hell is there in Delaware and you don't have to go thru it to get anywhere...

the list is long but lets start with...

... to get to Philadelphia from the south; to enter the DelMarva Peninsula from the north (chincoteague, assateague, and Ocean City MD), visit the first state to sign the consitution, and most importantly for you to complete your lower 48. If you come through to complete your goal, the first beer is on me.
:beer

Travelled across Canada once and several US "loops" from my Toronto base

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpeg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 139
32 so far, could have picked up a few more this summer but drove up to Vancouver B.C. in the car instead.

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Lemme See . .

Counting all machines, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, DC, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia, Texas - 17 plus DC. DC ought to count for several. I got caught on the Beltway in the weekday evening rush hour.

Have rode all the eastern provinces and need only a few more states to complete the lower 48.
Plan on a cross country tour to Alaska in the future, and we rented a HD in Maui so even though it may not have been a BMW and since it would have been impossible for me to ride mine there, I include it in my "Collection of Places Rode."
We ;(my Bride and I); have rode to all these places during the past three years. After spending the last thirty in hiatus it's time to ride again.
Plan on a trip south along the Natchez Trace and then on to Key West this spring to pick up the southern states.

untitled.jpg Visited States mar2013.jpg

After a career in the military I've actually seen more of the world than I have of my own country, but every year that changes just a bit more. I'm really looking forward to the ride to Salem this year as a chance to meet more of the people I served and the nation I love.

And yes, I have had a couple of beers tonight! :laugh

Map Update

Guess it is time for the wife and I to leave the east and go west.
Now if I could just get the time off from work for a couple of weeks!!:burnout

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap#2.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap#2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 266
Back