• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

Well, according to your rules I guess I will never be able to claim the 50th state. I do plan to get NWT and Nunavut done in the next two years. Semi-Retired since 1999, really retired since 2006. :bikes

VisitedStatesMap1.jpg

VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I hope this works!

A map of all our travels and all the Rally Pins we have collected
100 Rallys
487,000 miles

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 232
Just getting started

I have had my BMW for one year. Prior to that I had only ridden between two states. What a difference the ride makes. Just starting out and I have been to 10 states on the RT. Plans for many more coming up next June. My map so far: :dance

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 195
Last summer I forced myself to go to Rhode Island because it was the last of the lower 48. Well at least I'll never have a reason to ever go back to that state lol. May try Alaska in the next 2 years and will rent in Hawaii while my son is in the Navy on the west coast.

Travels

By my motorcycle? 49 States. All Canadian Provinces plus Yukon Territory. Mexico.
By rental bike: New Zealand.
By taxis, buses, trains, aircraft, cars and/or Metros: 52 other countries.

Motorcycles and trains are my favorites. :thumb

By my motorcycle? 49 States. All Canadian Provinces plus Yukon Territory. Mexico.
By rental bike: New Zealand.
By taxis, buses, trains, aircraft, cars and/or Metros: 52 other countries.

Motorcycles and trains are my favorites. :thumb

:thumb wow!

1170512541_yEG3w-O.jpg

I was headed to NW Territories but had to turn around when I lost my front brakes. But IÔÇÖd really like to go to Newfoundland.

1170512529_jUaJx-O.jpg

But perhaps I should learn how to say more than just ÔÇ£cerveza, por favorÔÇØ and head south.

1170512523_pMW5s-O.jpg

- Kate ;)

This level of detail tells one where one has really been, not just some corner of a state...

counties.gif

Sort of like I've seen Newfoundland & Labrador highlighted on a few of these maps...but how many that have, have actually been to Labrador and driven the Trans Labrador Highway?

48 States so far and Labrador via the Trans Labrador Highway before the road connected to Lab city. We had to put the bikes on a train in Sept-Iles Quebec and on loaded at Esker Labrador, the western end of the TLH. The ferry from Goose Bay (The Sir Robert Bond) to Lewisporte Newfoundland. It was a 37 hour ferry trip.
BTW I was riding my 78 R100S

1184083181_yLMvh-X3.jpg
1184083192_wPYXd-X3.jpg

Only 16 states and 2 provinces, but I'm working on it.

I'm always torn. Take a summer trip and head up through the cool (temp wise) mountains of Colorado, Wyoming and Utah with lots of twisties. Or go somewhere new (at least on the bike) like lower Alabama where the temps and humidity regularly exceed values known to sustain human life (I was stationed at Fort Rucker a long time ago. I do know what it's like). For me, the mountain West always seems to win out.

My visit to Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia and Tennessee (go Lady Vols!) was a fly and ride.

It's fun to see all the places I've been on the bike on a map!:D

1185249835_vXU8q-Th.jpg

1185249936_wWSKD-Th.jpg

7states so far

Not very many states but alot of miles in each of them.

kneedragger :burnout
08r1200rt

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 283
I'm missing MI, WI, MN and AK in the USA. In Canada, I've only ridden in NB and NS. In Mexico, I've ridden in CHIH, SON, SIN, DGO, ZAC, COAH, NL, SLP, JAL, GTO, HGO, MEX and DF. In Europe, I've ridden in Ireland, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Leichtenstein, Spain, Portugal and Andorra.

No Alaska or Hawaii on a bike, but everywhere else. All 48 many times over, for most of the states. Did the Canada coast to coast in '06 on the way to Vermont Rally and this was very good for the senses:). Canada is very nice and much less populated, for the most part. Of course their insects make up the difference, as I like camping and the flies and mosquitoes rule in late afternoons. We have this in our lower 48 as well, so no blemish on Canada. Well traveled Beemers under this rider. Randy13233:usa I would have gladly added the Maple Leaf here, alongside my cherished Old Glory, but its not in the add on files! It should be added!....Make note, somebody at web central:)Thx.

:ca :ca :ca :ca 'Colon'ca

we plan on filling in several of the NE ones later this year...and the West coast in a few months. We have the lower mid provinces ...also filling some of the rest those in late summer after the rally.
Makes me think about how quick this happened for us:doh

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 265
48 States so far and Labrador via the Trans Labrador Highway before the road connected to Lab city. We had to put the bikes on a train in Sept-Iles Quebec and on loaded at Esker Labrador, the western end of the TLH. The ferry from Goose Bay (The Sir Robert Bond) to Lewisporte Newfoundland. It was a 37 hour ferry trip.
BTW I was riding my 78 R100S

You should be able to ride all the way from Baie Comeau to Blanc Sablon now to catch the 1 hour ferry to St. Barbe in Newfoundland.

I say "should" because they supposedly finished the section between Happy Valley-Goose Bay and Cartwright. I took the Sir Robert Bond for that 13 hour crossing back in 2003.

Here is the sign I passed in 2003; I saw no activity.
478590959_M93Df-M.jpg

Back