• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

Now it's PURE ADVENTURE RIDING.....These guys go over or through; but never around......

Attachments

• Dennis on the Trail.jpg
    Dennis on the Trail.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 110
Both of us on two bikes and several over and over still...yes...all on da BMW's :wave

Got to fill in a lot in 2014 NE trek

VisitedProvincesMap(1).GIF

VisitedStatesMap.GIF

Only a bump into MX a few years ago

After another fantastic road trip in May-June of this year, my bride and I were able to add Washington State and the western Provinces of Canada. Alaska,Yukon and the Northwest Territories still allude us.......great reason for another future road trip !

Visited States 06_ 2016.jpg Visited Provinces 06_2016.jpg

Thank you Gail. I have been very fortunate with being able to get the time off from work and have a girl who loves being my riding partner. Hopefully we'll be able to colour in the remaining spots on the map

I follow a lot:D

We have actually been in Saskatchewan and Manitoba several years back , was our first venture up there after a RA rally in Michigans UP...gas prices scared us back into N Dakota way too soon and didn't stay long.Guess I can color them in since we did zoom thru!
Laughed seeing Nebraska,Ohio and Indie missed somehow:scratch
We have skirted very close to Florida twice...not sure why we missed it:dunno

Go Snookers as well:thumb We have a bike from HI...does it count?

Last edited:
My bikes, 49 States - most more than once. Hawaii on a borrowed BMW bike - once. That is all 50. And all Canadian provinces reachable by road - my bikes. 5 African countries - rented BMW bike. New Zealand, rented bike. Spain, BMW AG bike.

Last edited:
Go Snookers as well:thumb We have a bike from HI...does it count?

Thanks Steve , as the rules have been discussed within this thread somewhere, I bend them slightly. Since you have a better chance of renting a HD in Hawaii over a BMW, I have included said State on my map after renting an HD on Maui. I may never get back to those islands, so my rules are riding a BMW in all States and Provinces/Territories possible,of which I have done. Hawaii is the only exception. If you have access to a BMW on the islands, (Oahu I believe has Beemer rentals), then my hats off to you.
With that said,you should, in my opinion include it on your map as well. Others may not agree with me and that's OK, it's entirely up to you.

For me, it's a BMW CLUB......BMWMOA...........Was lucky enough that my DIL, a lt. Col. in the AF over at Hawaii......one of her folks a BMW rider back then and on a stay there by taking a hop and able to stay long enough to borrow the fella's bike for a day....lol...a ratty R50 that I helped get him started, so that super counts........Back in the old days, an R60 in Europe for a couple of years in the military and was able to hit across N. Africa, up through Turkey and then back across to Germany......Was lucky enough to take the thing to Ethopia for a 90 day TDY.....ahhhh the days........So good that life is sooo very long.....Do it Guys.....God bless....Dennis

My bike, 49 States - most more than once. Hawaii on a borrowed bike - once. That is all 50. And all Canadian provinces reachable by road - my bike. 5 African countries - rented bike. New Zealand, rented bike. Spain, BMW AG bike.

OK Paul, I think you win! Wow, that is awesome! :wave
I've been to Hell & back a couple of times...does that count? :)

its hard to compete with Voni and Paul. She has a million miles but he has seen a million faces, and he's rocked them all (Bon Jovi Wanted dead or Alive). Doing the NY state alcohol server training online to be able to volunteer at the beer garden, on a Saturday night; needed a corny forum distraction.

It's great to see many of you have had the good sense to skip Mass :)
Yesterday, the routes into NH and ME were only backed up 23 miles :eek
Come-on lane splittin".
OM

The regular 50 states ? Or Obama's 57 states ??? :)

I'm still @ 47 . Missed Hawaii for obvious reasons , Alaska because it just never fit in ? Really didn't want to do it alone...and could never line up a travel buddy for the amount of time it would require / I would like to take. The third missed...Road Island....can't really explain that one :scratch I have been close enough to hit it with a rock...but was out running a storm & next stop wasn't in R.I..........gotta get that one done.

This is fun. I got 26 so far. Over the years as I have traveled around the country I keep track of what States I have ridden in. Online I found a site where you check off the states you have ridden in (or whatever) and it creates a color map you can save to you're computer.Click on the link below to go to the site. Then to really test you're computer skills, post it on this thread!
Oh, and it doesn't count if you flew somewhere and rented a bike. That's cheating! My thread, my rules....:nono

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Here's my map, I gotta get North Dakota this Summer, I got it surrounded!:laugh
>

49, including Hawaii...never touched Alaska, yet:thumb

OK Paul, I think you win! Wow, that is awesome! :wave
I've been to Hell & back a couple of times...does that count? :)

And here I thought Audie Murphy was the only one who'd been to Hell and Back! Guess I need to revise my perceptions! LOL

More on topic, not traveled as much as many of you folks, just everywhere west of the Rockies, plus Kentucky, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico.

Cheers! :dance

Four states - Six days

Prior to July 2 I only had Kansas and Missouri*.

Beginning July 2 I went north through Nebraska to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Spent a day or two exploring the Black Hills and trying to wear out the prairie chicken strips on my tires before heading west into Wyoming then south to Colorado. Yesterday I pointed my bike east and headed home to Wichita. All of this, btw, was done using state and US highways as much as possible. I had to get on the Interstates a few times, but you just don't see anything there except the Interstate. I saw and did some interesting things and I may have to write all this up as a ride report later.

*Missouri is with an asterisk because the only riding I've done there was the test ride before I bought my bike and a short hop over the bridge from Atchison, KS to look at the architecture of the bridge and get gas.

My bikes, 49 States - most more than once. Hawaii on a borrowed BMW bike - once. That is all 50. And all Canadian provinces reachable by road - my bikes. 5 African countries - rented BMW bike. New Zealand, rented bike. Spain, BMW AG bike.

Wow ! Thats impressive !

President Obama said he campaigned in 57 states. I was down to 10 states to go, now it's suddenly 17. Got some riding to do. :scratch

Back