• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

Ha ha, you are right! I am thinking 2017 will be the year to check some of the southern states east of the Miss. This year I will take in some of the mid and northern states on my way to DAS Rally.

All 50 but then again my MOA# is 2518

I have to admit, I didn't ride to Hawaii. I rented a scooter and I have pictures to prove it.

I'll second that!

...tell me again how many km/mi you rode just before/enroute to Das Rally... that AK & NWT trip (to where?)... and the total when you returned home?

I like to yell out "holy cow" about once a day.

"travel'n" john
aka.. "three bowl" vicinity CN Maritimes, SFRR vet.

Well you guys have me beat by a long shot- but a boy can dream!

I think I got the whole East Coast USA covered, except South Carolina. Add TN, WV, OH & VT, then head north of the border and toss in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Quebec. For fun, I'll also include England, Germany, Sweden & Norway- these on friends' bikes.

edit: I've not ridden in CT either.

My recent trip.

Hello all,

I just completed a coast to coast trip.
I went from Seattle WA to Crystal MN. (solo), Crystal MN to Tidioute PA (with my dad), Tidioute PA back to Crystal MN (with my dad), then Crystal MN back home to Seattle WA (solo). I took 33 days to ride and visit family along the way.
We also went up into Ontario Canada too.
My total miles were 6,190 miles ridden.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

...tell me again how many km/mi you rode just before/enroute to Das Rally... that AK & NWT trip (to where?)... and the total when you returned home?

I like to yell out "holy cow" about once a day.

"travel'n" john
aka.. "three bowl" vicinity CN Maritimes, SFRR vet.

Yes, In early July I did a quick eight day loop (total ~7200 Km) starting at home Calgary Alberta to the Pacific Ocean via Banff/Jasper then to Prince George/Prince Rupert British Columbia. Then looped through Kitwanga to Hyder Alaska (wonderful glaciers near the road). Took Hwy 37 (Stewart-Cassiar) which I highly recommend into Watson Lake Yukon. Headed east and south to Fort St. John BC, east again to Peace River AB then north to Enterprise and Hay River in the North West Territories. Headed south and east to Red Earth and Slave Lake Alberta. East through northern Saskatchewan to Meadow Lake and south to Saskatoon. South again to Cypress Hills provincial parks to Fort Walsh near the US border, then finally east to Calgary. Provinces & states AB, BC, SK, MB, YT, NT & AK.

Did an overnight and oil change at home then took two different three day routes (total ~7400 Km) to/from DAS Rally afterward. Combined provinces states for these routes was AB, SK, MB, ON, ND, MN, WI, MI, NY, PA, OH, IN, & IL.

This works out to about 9,000 miles for both trips.

I've ridden in every state but , Idaho ,Alaska , Oregon ,and Washington , Oh yeah Hawaii . Most ridden from Florida .But we escaped to North Georgia .:)

VisitedStatesMap.gif

This is just with my latest Schuberth Helmet. I've been to others with my previous bike and previous helmets!!!

And got the pictures to prove it....

I've ridden in/to all 50 states, all but 3 Canadian Provinces and at 69 I'm just getting going. Europe here I come.

Oh, and it doesn't count if you flew somewhere and rented a bike. That's cheating! My thread, my rules....:nono

Sure, no problem!

As of 2016, a piddly 5 US states, 5 provinces and a mere 15 countries....and all on my own motorcycle.

As for the European countries, I've toured those in the greatest of detail (back roads, farmer's roads, cart paths), not just nipping though the edge of them for the t-shirt as so many do for the count. Yup, that kind of touring takes time and lots of it...22 straight years of touring Europe and the Alps so far.

This is fun.
Oh, and it doesn't count if you flew somewhere and rented a bike. That's cheating! My thread, my rules....:nono

]

And for sure as this IS the greatly vaunted BMWMOA all of those vistas on the oh so great long distance BMW motorcycle...............:twirl l:dance

Hi, I'll play.
Here is my list. The dot with the RX100 was Bermuda.
Graham

Attachments

• Ride Map.jpg
    Ride Map.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 44
Back