Thread: trailer hitch

trailer hitch

Does anyone know where I might find a trailer hitch for my'04 R1150R?. I have a little cargo trailer I'm thinking I'd like to pul sometime. Thanks in advance...
    Nose

I heard Bushtech is a source. They make highend trailers and hitches for a lot of bikes.

Uni go makes a hitch for 1100RT's. Their product is a one-wheel trailer, but the hitch is probably adaptable.

They're in Ohio and I'm going down tomorrow for a look. I'll ask about their hitches and weight limits.
    Rick Swauger

84 R65
    98 1100RT
    02 Kymco Cobra Racer

Thanks Rick,my trailer is real light,only'bout 65 pounds,empty. I tow it behind my airhead gs,and it tows so well,you don't know it's behind ya. Am anxious to hear what you'll find out...Nose
    Nose

Uni-go doesn't recomend pulling their one wheel trailer behind bikes with long travel. He told me they had one on an 1150R and due to the long travel, the center of mass shifted and made the bike unstable at speeds over 55.

I would say go to their site (www.schoolhousemotorcycleaccessories.com) or google uni-go, and give them a call. Mark, an owner I think, rides an 1000RT and his wife a CL. He's very knowledgeable and might know where to find what you need, or how to modify a hitch he has.

Good luck!
    Rick Swauger

84 R65
    98 1100RT
    02 Kymco Cobra Racer

trailer hitch

Three of my riding buddies and I all got ours from Classic Ind. in Australia. Good hitch but expensive. Mine was $480 inc. shipping.