• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Thanks'a bunch....I tried google found nothing?? The dash is what caught my eye...that sure looks like the same one. Odd car...sort of a 'bras-era' outside , the much more modern inside.

I was riding my mountain bike down a trail, surrounded by high rock cliffs and vegetation, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw this root, growing against this rock face, and it triggered a full brake skid to get this shot.
It had all the elements that at the time I found important.
The Organic against the Inorganic,
the Living against the Dead,
the Will to Live,
against the odds.

The tenacious grip of life.

The fissures provided the framing, a deep forest canopy cast the green light down in the shadows;
I tried to neutralize the freaky color imbalance, only on the root;
the rest I let go.

hope you enjoy.

It's a Stick

It's a Stick, the dog plays with it if you give it a toss.
Gratuitous free plug for Potosi Root Beer taste like The Root Beer you remember. Aerostich waterproof side zip bag good stuff, and my lawn mower can mow 42 degree slopes.
If Anyone likes cleaning out a garage I will provide beer, food, a big truck and even help!

Last edited:
DSC_5262-L.jpg

The one above is a converted fire engine - made into a custom roadster. It is HUGE, and very cool. Has a 10liter engine in it (from memory) with an open 4" exhaust. It's rather impressive moving down the road. It sometimes appears at the Gathering of the Nortons in Washington's Crossing State Park in April (the Gathering actually probably has more BMW's at it than Nortons - and is a great rite of spring for every motorcyclist in the NJ/PA area.)

Steve -

What more can you tell me about the item you photographed here:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthrea...-Association&p=1105072&viewfull=1#post1105072

It says "New York Standard Watch Co" with quarter marks around the edge of the dial. It appears to be an odometer possibly.

Thanks...

I believe odometer is the correct answer. The device was mounted on a turn of the century motorcycle at the Barber Museum. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the other images of the entire machine so that I could identify the maker of the bike.

Same mountain range in 14072 and 14074? What/where are these/is this? Looks like a great place to go.
I think this came up about 1 or 2 years ago. Gs and I arrived at this point during this game showing the same Mountains from the same vantage point. Here we are again!
Grand Tetons NP, WY. The primary road East of the park that delivers to either here or the Southern approach to Yellowstone. Oxbow Bend is this spot on the river. Right off the road with a large gravel parking lot, it is a favorite of the motoring tourist with easy access. Can be crowded with photographers and my first introduction to combat photography.
I can't recall the road but a search of Oxbow Bend will get you close.

And it is stunning and worth every second.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

bump

Just moving this up the page to let folks know where to post comments of pics:thumb

All good:wave

And don't forget to un-check the sig line box when you download your pic down the page..it will reappear on your next post. Just keeps the clean flow going

Last edited:

Not sure how often this happens, but I was able to post a near real time photo of the full over Panama City beach. The Segway into birds, and the fortuitous gull moving right to left in screen gave me the opportunity.

Two hours one way from enterprise, AL to PC beach FL, 55.3 MPG three up (Ellie the pink eared Maltese in the tank bag) just over a half a tank of gas... the Bavarian launch platform really facilitates a last minute beach getaway.

14219: rd.....
Is that what I think it is?
And if so, you actually witnessed this?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back