• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Steve, how did you get that picture of the bird flying right at the camera? And, where was it taken.

Thanks,

Mary,

The eagle (sorry, I forgot the species) was captive bird that was displayed to us tourists while visiting the Colca Canyon area near Arequipa, Peru. The bird was just displaying it's wingspan and I zoomed in for a closer look at the gorgeous eyes.

Steve

i-pHxbxfJ-X2.jpg

Photo #12335 is a female leopard lounging after a meal of fresh Impala antelope. With her belly full she allowed to get very close, but after 20 minutes of our gawking she got up and walked away. I hoped the photo would show how well their camouflage works. The shot was taken on the Simbavadi tract in South Africa. The remainder of the Impala carcass was less than 20 yards from the big cat.

i-ScxHmbL-L.jpg

I new it, Coke ovens. These babies are in excellent shape like they have been used recently. The ones I've seen look like holes in the side of a cliff.

Here's some more from Colorado. These are in what was Cokedale, CO, west of Trinidad, CO off Colorado highway 12.

i-z2cTs8H-XL.jpg

Voni, I'm really enjoying your pictures. Some one said you liked the color red?

Voni, the colour red.... Pfttt! How did you ever make that association? Don't believe the rumors, it's all a facade, everyone knows Voni's favorite colour is black, no blue! Let's just say, in Monty Pythons, search for the Holy Grail Voni would have no trouble crossing a bridge, and wouldn't need to know the aerodynamic factors of a coconut laden swallow, African or European.

Voni, I'm really enjoying your pictures. Some one said you liked the color red?

Thanks! I've had a secret chuckle as I associated each of the last few pictures.

Memories are made of this.

And, yes, RED is my color. When I started riding in the 70's I wanted to be visible.
It's worked for me. Quite well.
And my students loved quizing me as to where my RED was that day!

Voni
sMiling

:wave

:dance

And I'm thinking the last photo by GS Steve #12472 could be the last of them all. Who can top that???

Voni
sMiling

Back