• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Tom, your cave shot is great. One of the best I've seen. They are a challenge, those damn incandescents...

I've shot two caves; keepers=zero

What lens did you use, did you use flash? Which cave.

Thanks, dude.

That was one of those lucky shots. It's a lava tube on the big island.

Click on the image above for the exif. I shot it with a Canon S330 (2 megpixel!) and, I was surprised to see, a 1 second exposure. I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii, so I know I didn't have a tripod. I must have balanced it on my knee or perhaps a hand railing. The tunnel is illuminated, evenly as it turns out, so this was not too hard. I've got quite a few lousy tunnel shots myself. They are deceptively difficult to photograph.

First there was a lot of bull now its becoming fishy.......Hmmmmmm

I'm hungry!

Time for lunch!

RM

My mouth is watering over this one...please post a link to the recipe! :eat

134044627-L.jpg

Rocketmans #249 looks erotic. Hey if anybodies looking for me I'm outside in the gutter, looking for my mind.....

Rocketmans #249 looks erotic. Hey if anybodies looking for me I'm outside in the gutter, looking for my mind.....

you must mean exotic, right? :laugh

Taken in Cabo San Lucas, ItÔÇÖs the appetizer at the only "fancy" restaurant we ate at the entire trip located right on the docks at the marina and where we had the grass-feed Mexican beef that was flamb?®ed right at our table and that literally melted in your mouth,, drool droolÔǪÔǪ

RM

Maybe we need a thread that's beyond Free Association...the "Me Too" thread,
Here I am at this gorge...hey me too! :laugh

There is an element of that to be sure.

Sometimes a photo is followed by something, seemingly so radically different, that it's hard to follow the association (e.g. Burnszilla's palm). Other times someone posts a photo of pretty much the same thing that he's taken at a different time. I find both interesting/amusing. It's fun to say, "Hey, I've been there," especially if it's somewhere unusual.

The following are ALL great posts. Please note that I am not criticizing or saying that anyone did anything wrong or right. But this discussion is interesting to me.

Here's a string of photos:

Burnszilla #255
2116581637_4c9c77b59b_b.jpg

Cool shot. Unusual.

SNC1923
12827758-L.jpg

Different picture. Thematic "marine" connection

gabentx #256
251859348-L.jpg

Me, too! Cool shot, similar to the one before. Subject matter connection.

Stuff2C #257
251859353-L.jpg

Wildly different picture, yet quite similar, too. Obvious thematic connection. These posts provoke thought.

Beemerchef #258
141502487-L.jpg

Me, too! Similar picture, but different, too. Dog playing in water, neither jumping nor in the pool. Subject matter connection.

torags #259
242715157-M.jpg

Very different picture, people playing in the surf with technology (surfboards). Obvious thematic connection, but a different picture.

None of these is wrong or less inspired. But it is interesting to note what connection is made and why. Both the literal and the liberal interpretation have merit, of course. I don't know exactly what makes these "free association" threads so appealing, but they really are fun. The one over at dGrin is on page seven-hundred something and going strong. I love mining my photo website. I have nearly 10,000 images, and every time I look at someone's image here, I go to my mental filing cabinet to search for an image that reminds me, in some way, of the one that inspired me. Sometimes it's, "Hey! I was there, too!" Other times it's, "I've got a predominantly orange picture somewhere. . . ."

I really liked the foot prints in the sand /foot print in the snow segue.

I've also learned that I have almost no sun rise/sun set pics. But I think the former would involve getting up early! :laugh

#294 You just needed to scream? rental referb :bottle

Attachments

• DCP00544 (Small).JPG
    DCP00544 (Small).JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 171
I give up...a stained glass window reminds you that you need to take out the garbage??

Well it appears that you, like me, didn't see the garbage bags next to a door I photographed. I didn't take the stained glass.

#308 looks like an advrider sign....

#330 The sign on the old bridge that says "Public Prohibited - Fish Pier". I can say with some authority, that a fish never walked on that pier

Last edited:
Beemerchef look at the table in front of the Hopi, see the little sheep? Granted I had to look twice but they are there.:laugh

RM

How many more times do we see Freckles? Isn't there a pet thread?

The thread is really fun. Whenever I get back to my computer, this is the first thread I go to.

It will last a long time as long as the posters don't get too self indulgent.

Back