• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Just wondering, how often do you, {or anyone else here} visit / use RecipeZaar?

I just make it up as I go along...

A dash of newt-eye here

A sprinkle toad-wart power there...

A pinch of ....

oops! wrong recipe book....

never mind.....

RM

Just wondering, how often do you, {or anyone else here} visit / use RecipeZaar?

Chewman, I use it from time to time for this and that. There are some good recipes to be found there. A lot of quick and easy ones when you are in a hurry.
Camel takes all day though.;)

looking at #934 I have wonder how cool it would be if that was really a picture in the opening instead of just an opening. Ha Ha!

RM

I was thinking the same thing. It'd be hard to get the sky color right though...

Well it might be right on some days, but getting it to change with the lighting and colors, Now THAT would be just Too cool! ( could be done with today technology and a big plasma display) :D

Hell you could even set it up like the old rippled pictures so that the angle of view would change slightly as you walked by! Ha Ha!

RM

mcraterob1zg4.jpg

REALLY nice response. Never know when a photo like this will come in handy. Great association.

REALLY nice response. Never know when a photo like this will come in handy. Great association.

:) This was taken in the courtyard/sitting area at Meteor Crater in Arizona.
They had built this wall with a big hole in it.
This is just a photo of that hole!

I wanted to post this in free association in response to Torgas's # 953, but I didn't take this, it was emailed to me.
boxer.jpg
So I am showing it here, pretty funny!

rocketman
How did you acheive coloured flags in a b&w picture? #927. Beautiful effect.

I'm not sure RM did his, but in general you can do this effect in photoshop. You make a second layer of your picture. Set one layer to B&W, then you either use the history brush to reveal the color object, or you delete the object from the BW section, revealing the color layer below.

2318053779_4ce8258c1e_o.jpg

I wanted to post this in free association in response to Torgas's # 953, but I didn't take this, it was emailed to me.
View attachment 12685
So I am showing it here, pretty funny!

That is pretty funny. He really didn't want to grease those splines..........

You might enjoy this. A portable Margarita blender powered by a lawn mower motor. Seen at Laguna Seca, and it made a decent drink.

104657698_EByFu-M.jpg

rocketman
How did you acheive coloured flags in a b&w picture? #927. Beautiful effect.

As SheRidesaBeemer said there are more than one way to do this. I masked out the flags then used PS to remove the color from the layer but with the "mask" on the flags they were not affected so after removing the masking layer they retained their color.

and thanks, it from my Poem "A Walk Among Hero's" that was taken in Arlington Cemetery of a honor guard I saw on one my visits there.

RM

Me.

Actually I have a bazillion tent pictures somewhere on paper or film, just none are digitized. None with bike as I have yet to go bike camping, but will be fixing that this summer.

Whilst the number of photographs available for posting here are no-where near being exhausted, is it just me, or have the topics become very familiar and almost predictable, obviously apart from those that just appear to be related to a theme only by the fact that they are ...another photograph?

Where are all the envelope pushers, the outside the boxers, the whatever corporate jargon is current for imaginative thinkers?

Please, let's see if we can expand the themes and stretch these associations beyond Utah landmarks and someone else's bike. Even Beemerchef has shots where his dog isn't in them and if he can do that, so can we....variety, obtuse, creative, bizarre, thought provoking.

Some beautiful images being posted none-the-less. :thumb

re 991

Gail, you're such a tool! Ha Ha!

(sorry, couldn't resist, blame my Father he taught me the "fine art" of punning and to never Ever give up the opportunity to do so!) Ha Ha

RM

Back