• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

I'm going to go out on a limb here.... RandallIsland went to China. Is that a good guess?

It may take him 2 years 7 months and 16 days to get the entire China trip album on Free Association :laugh

I'm joking and they're interesting pix.

I just gave SheRidesABeemer a bridge, albeit uncovered.

What??? Don't you recognize China Town, NY???:laugh

RM

When I left NY it looked more like Little Italy... :laugh

Ha Ha! Probably one of the smartest things you've ever done!:bolt

(no offense meant to anyone, just for me its just WAY too big and mostly just so tall! I like being able to see the sky when I look up!):laugh

RM

211522061_WtCmP-L.jpg

Anyone going to one up Beemerchef on this one? :laugh

Voni's birds #715

Ar those crackles (sp?) We have tons of those that live in the Wildlife Preserve behind my house. Every evening they flock in the trees right at the edge of the development and raise a real ruckus for about 10-15 minutes then almost on que they all go racing off home to the Preserve then every morning repeat before flying off in all directions for the day, only to return at sunset and do it all over again. The sky is literally black with birds and the noise is increasable and its always right at the same time every day, I set my clocks by their flocking!:laugh (Ok, so maybe not THAT precise, by still...) Ha Ha!

RM

Ar those crackles (sp?) We have tons of those that live in the Wildlife Preserve behind my house. Every evening they flock in the trees right at the edge of the development and raise a real ruckus for about 10-15 minutes then almost on que they all go racing off home to the Preserve then every morning repeat before flying off in all directions for the day, only to return at sunset and do it all over again. The sky is literally black with birds and the noise is increasable and its always right at the same time every day, I set my clocks by their flocking!:laugh (Ok, so maybe not THAT precise, by still...) Ha Ha!

RM

Kind of like Sturgis, eh?

Voni
sMiling

#719....
I will not write what I am thinking...
No... I will not... will not... or what I said when I saw... "THAT"!!! Perfect lighting... and composition... :hide

#719....
I will not write what I am thinking...
No... I will not... will not... or what I said when I saw... "THAT"!!! Perfect lighting... and composition... :hide

Yes Yes I know I had that same reaction when I saw the picture on my monitor when I got home.....

"HeY Waiter, someone just barfed on my PLATE!!!" :laugh

but actually it was much better "in person" and was some of the best beef I've ever had, and I've had some damn fine beef in my 57 years. It was cooked flambe' at our table at our last meal in Cabo last fall, the breakfast we had at the same place that morning was equally delish......them Mexicans grow some grass feed beef like you would not believe, just show it the knife and it cuts itself....

RM

This is SUCH a great shot.

It's a common picture--everyone's got one. But this rendering, the composition, the unusual subject/shadow, the intensity of the apparent speed rendered in the blurring yellow line, how it bisects the picture diagonally. . . .

Wow Tom... #735 is a powerful picture!!! What kind of lens to you use?... and mainly... how far where you??? Obviously you are still here!!! That is a remarquable shot... :)laugh :laugh :laugh )
Be well...
Ara & Spirit

Did you see what Beemerchefs dog's urine did to that tree? #728

I heard pit bulls were tough, but that's through & through... Jeeze...

:lol

It's a common picture--everyone's got one. But this rendering, the composition, the unusual subject/shadow, the intensity of the apparent speed rendered in the blurring yellow line, how it bisects the picture diagonally. . . .

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the details about what makes this a good shot.
I wish I'd taken it. You failed to mention the 3 fingered glove...which is why Lisa was taking the picture to begin with. :dance

Wow Tom... #735 is a powerful picture!!! What kind of lens to you use?... and mainly... how far where you??? Obviously you are still here!!! That is a remarquable shot... :)laugh :laugh :laugh )
Be well...
Ara & Spirit

yeah, lucky for him the dear showed up just as the cat was leaping or well,, we would be shy one on mod on the photo phorum <-----(this is now the official spelling by the way!:laugh )

RM

Be well...
Ara & Spirit

Thanks, Ara.

My name is Tom "Danger" Moran. There are no lengths I won't go to in order to get "the shot." In this particular instance, I had to navigate through an entire Cabella's store, past the discount bin, and around a sale on fishing lures. I almost didn't make it back. Thanks for appreciating what goes into the making of a great photo.

--Danger

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the details about what makes this a good shot.
I wish I'd taken it. You failed to mention the 3 fingered glove...which is why Lisa was taking the picture to begin with. :dance

That's so funny. I did notice the glove, but that it was three-fingered didn't register. I was going to say it looked like an alien, but suspecting that Lisa was involved, I didn't want to hurt her feelings! (For those that haven't had the pleasure, Lisa is a totally cutie).

No matter how many fingers, great shot! :thumb

Back