• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beer Garden Selections?

warthog

I was sitting here thinking about the great beer at last years rally- Leinekugel's, aka the Pride of Chippewa Falls. That got me to thinking about what local brews will be available in the Beer Garden this year. Can the Beer Meister give us an update? :beer

I also came across this article in the Rocky Mountain News from Dec 07. Looks like hotel rates aren't the only thing that will be going up......

Proposal would triple Wyoming's beer tax
Here's a tax increase sure to make people cry in their beer. :(

That's right: Lawmakers are considering a tax increase on beer, and proponents say the mental health and substance abuse treatment that would benefit are good causes.

Wyoming taxes beer at 2 cents per gallon. A draft bill before the Select Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse would raise that to 6.5 cents per gallon.

By volume, the tax on beer is low. Wine is taxed at 28 cents per gallon. The tax on hard alcohol is 24 cents per gallon.

But Wyomingites drink enough beer that the increase would raise an additional $607,500 a year, based on the $270,000 raised by the 2-cent tax each year.

speaking of beverages...what is the situation for those of us that may not be able to drink wheat/barley/rye beverages? I cannot eat/drink/inhale gluten and wondering if other beverages are available or if I can bring a flask for my own personal use?

theres a few gluten free beers out there...

for me
i hope fat tire

We are still taste testing. A tedious process.

As far as price goes, prices are set by the distributors each quarter.

So how high is bottled water ?

Last year we had a thermos of ice water and cups available for free water, still bottle water out sold any of the beer brands.
:buds

We are still taste testing. A tedious process.

As far as price goes, prices are set by the distributors each quarter.

Last year we had a thermos of ice water and cups available for free water, still bottle water out sold any of the beer brands.
:buds

We all appreciate your attention to detail. Does the team need any subs or assistants/assistance? :buds

We all appreciate your attention to detail. Does the team need any subs or assistants/assistance? :buds

ha!

I mentioned it another thread, but it bears repeating here - I really appreciate the fact that regional beers are available at the beer tent. We are so fortunate that the rally organizers make an effort to make each rally a unique experience which embraces the locale. Bravo!

oh and MplsK100RT, I can't speak officially, but rally attendees have always been free to bring in their own food and beverages.

cool, because unless there are ingredient lists for each and every vendor I cannot eat much of what they will offer. It's unfortunate, but if I am still able to attend I will have to survive on bars and whatever else I can manage to cram into my side bags.

Gluten Free

I have already requested that the beer team look into having some gluten free beer available. I'm hoping it works out for us.

Food at rallies is always a problem as most fast food is guaranteed be full of wheat. There was one vendor at West Bend who checked the labels for me and I did find something to eat there. :eat I always bring the bars and crammed saddle bags too.

Holly

I have already requested that the beer team look into having some gluten free beer available. I'm hoping it works out for us.

Food at rallies is always a problem as most fast food is guaranteed be full of wheat. There was one vendor at West Bend who checked the labels for me and I did find something to eat there. :eat I always bring the bars and crammed saddle bags too.

Holly

with gluten free beer and a falafel stand I'd be a happy camper :laugh

Yes to the Falafel stand

Not sure about the gluten free beer Holly but I vote for the falalfel stand. I'll try that beer on the 9th when I see you.

:drink

Not sure about the gluten free beer Holly but I vote for the falalfel stand. I'll try that beer on the 9th when I see you.

I loved the two rallies I've attended so far. I would not dream of complaining about a single thing. All the hard work of the volunteers is massively commendable.

But if someone really *insisted* that I come with one area to improve it would have to be the food vendors. County fair fast food fare is fine and even fun for a one day event. But four days of deep fried carbs and red meat is a dietary disaster. We should be nicer to ourselves.

Granted, falafel itself is deep fried (and therefore delicious) but at least it is vegetarian and your typical falafel stand usually has other stuff which is much healthier than pretty much anything I've seen at a rallies I've attended.

I was thinking that if BUD is already there that they could get a hold of the GF beer that they make. There are a few other brands also, but I've actually never tried any of them. I stick to my Grey Goose and a twist.

Holly

how about cider?
I've been told draught cider is rather tasty.

I loved the two rallies I've attended so far. I would not dream of complaining about a single thing. All the hard work of the volunteers is massively commendable.

But if someone really *insisted* that I come with one area to improve it would have to be the food vendors.

I agree.
Many times food vendors have contracts with the the host facility. The group renting the facility can only use the vendors and products that the host facility have under contract.

Last year, after we had our Rally at West Bend, I attended the Washington County Fair. All I can say is "WOW" the Rally Chair did a real good job of picking the best food vendors.

..what is the situation for those of us that may not be able to drink wheat/barley/rye beverages? I cannot eat/drink/inhale gluten and wondering if ...

As always, we will have wine cooler type of beverages like Mike's Hard Lemonade

I have already requested that the beer team look into having some gluten free beer available. I'm hoping it works out for us.Holly

total ?? case of gluten free beer (Budweiser has Redbridge)

hey santa... just so you know, i am partial to Budweiser, myself... ;)ian

Half a trucked loaded of Budweiser, ordered :laugh

...for me
i hope fat tire

The other half of trucked loaded with Fat Tire, ordered:laugh

Beer Garden Website

I agree.
Many times food vendors have contracts with the the host facility. The group renting the facility can only use the vendors and products that the host facility have under contract.

Last year, after we had our Rally at West Bend, I attended the Washington County Fair. All I can say is "WOW" the Rally Chair did a real good job of picking the best food vendors.

As always, we will have wine cooler type of beverages like Mike's Hard Lemonade

total ?? case of gluten free beer (Budweiser has Redbridge)

Half a trucked loaded of Budweiser, ordered :laugh

The other half of trucked loaded with Fat Tire, ordered:laugh

Beer Garden Website

Throw in a case of Saint Pauly Girl NA and you have made my day! Dont forget about us NA folks out there...just a suggestion from the peanut gallery

Cider is great, but not all are GF. Woodchuck cider is, however. What is the ice and cooler situation at this rally? Is ice available on site? I can always pack a foldable cooler.

Yes, ice is available on site. I should let you know that ice sales do not go on late into the night, so plan ahead.

I was just thinking something for afternoon to evening. It would be nice after riding and seeing things all day just to veg with my cooler and ipod and a book.

Back